2 x traktor 1 x ableton.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 x traktor 1 x ableton.

Hi All!

Long time no read/write (hi bento and tekki hihi). A mate of mine are about to make some insanse stuff with 2 x traktor pro and 1 time ableton.

What we want to do is that both traktors sync of course. Both are gonna dj on traktor and the pc is just used as an input for the traktor macs.

Now, is this possible? I mean we COULD just set a master bpm on both, and then go through a mixer and do our thing, and make sure we are just good djs hehehe (beat-matching) but thats half the fun gone, since we are going to loop a lot etc etc.

the setup is as followed:

2x Mac for Traktor Pro with Audio8Dj connected and controllers
    1 PC for Ableton with a master controller

Both of the Audio8s are connected to a Mackie mixer.

All mixing will be controlled with midi controllers. The Mackie is just for levels hehehe

If ANYONE could help us, we would really appreciate it

i have no answer for your questions but:

welcome back man! been a long time
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Ive no idea who you are, but this is pretty insane shit. hope you manange

Just off the top of my head couldnt you do the 2x traktor trick via midi slave, into another soundcard connected to the ableton computer, take the input in Tack A in ableton and output it into your mackie mixer?

but holy shit youve a lot of gear!
    Last edited by Cook; 12-04-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Dude, the Earl Panda!!!!! =) How could I forget you?! I feel shame shame shame!!! =(

Thanks. Been really really busy... damn life catches up with ya... how are you mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Ive no idea who you are, but this is pretty insane shit. hope you manange

Just off the top of my head couldnt you do the 2x traktor trick via midi slave, into another soundcard connected to the ableton computer, take the input in Tack A in ableton and output it into your mackie mixer?
    Yeah that might be the way... but isnt it so that actually in the case that you mix with ableton, ableton is the slave, as Traktor PRO sends midi data only. Meaning that then if I am .001 bpm off, it would become out of sync hehe... or am I completely wrong in my whisky head now.

I have no idea, ive just seen a lot of 2x traktor setups. but if you output the audio from that into ableton, it wont be midi so you wont be able to add audio on top without manually beatmatching but you will have all of the ableton FX

what are you hoping to do with ableton with this setup?

I have no idea, ive just seen a lot of 2x traktor setups. but if you output the audio from that into ableton, it wont be midi so you wont be able to add audio on top without manually beatmatching but you will have all of the ableton FX

what are you hoping to do with ableton with this setup?
    Well, you have seen Making Contakt? That is what we are trying to achieve really... only there is no Richie, there is the both of hehehe Mr Hawtin is NOT using Traktor Pro, but Traktor 3, cause there you can master-slave things...

As I understand, Mr H has ALL computers (whatever they run) coming into his Master Ableton, and he then mixes stuff together... at least thats how he made it look in the movie.

What we are doing is that we both dj on both setups, but one Traktor is more for drumloops and effects, and the other one is more for the Tracks themselves... You understand where I am going?

Unfortunately ive never heard of them but ive seen a lot of richie hawtins vids, and recently he uses two laptops one running Tpro and one running maschine, im still trying to get my head around how that works

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Hi All!

Long time no read/write (hi bento and tekki hihi). A mate of mine are about to make some insanse stuff with 2 x traktor pro and 1 time ableton.

What we want to do is that both traktors sync of course. Both are gonna dj on traktor and the pc is just used as an input for the traktor macs.

Now, is this possible? I mean we COULD just set a master bpm on both, and then go through a mixer and do our thing, and make sure we are just good djs hehehe (beat-matching) but thats half the fun gone, since we are going to loop a lot etc etc.

the setup is as followed:

2x Mac for Traktor Pro with Audio8Dj connected and controllers
    1 PC for Ableton with a master controller

Both of the Audio8s are connected to a Mackie mixer.

All mixing will be controlled with midi controllers. The Mackie is just for levels hehehe

If ANYONE could help us, we would really appreciate it
    Haha VARFÖR och VARFÖR?

Let me know when and where you guys intend to showcase this masterpiece..

Lycka till!

Unfortunately ive never heard of them but ive seen a lot of richie hawtins vids, and recently he uses two laptops one running Tpro and one running maschine, im still trying to get my head around how that works
    Hmmmm, that should not be to hard, if Maschine can receive midi data, but I have not used it yet, so I dont know, but I guess it can. We have many ideas how to fuck up some music, and yeah, with minimal stuff, you can really create some maximal, on 8 decks and efx!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDeLarge View Post
    Haha VARFÖR och VARFÖR?

Let me know when and where you guys intend to showcase this masterpiece..

Lycka till!
    Varför? För vi har glädje av det! We do intend to make a 4 hour demo. Live/Dj set combined, to then promote ourselves. We have ideas, if it sounds like crap in the end, we will scrap it, if it sounds good, well, the sky is the limit, right? =)

Got some gigs in Spain late summer probably already, but if we will do this setup we dont know, like I said above, if it sounds good, we will go all the way hehe Should I post the results once we get there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast