VCI-100 + MF or S4 + MF
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI-100 + MF or S4 + MF

I own a S4 luckly without any hardware issues . Now the question at hand is that Im new to this whole thing. And I probbably did buy something more advanced than myself and my skill level. That not being the topic at hand. I'm holding on to my S4. But I'm thinking about buying an MF come this week. DJ style aside, would it even make sense to have a midi fighter along side my S4 or would it be better if I saved up and bought a vci and used the midi fighter with that? Please leave all the flames aside. Regardless of what's said about skill level, I love my s4. I'm starting to learn the ins and outs slowly. I just think that the VCI seems a bit more easy to pick up and go with. What are your thoughts as people that have been doing this longer than me?
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Your 'skill level' will increase quickly if you practice enough.
    The S4 wont get in the way of that, it will enable it.
    You wont grow out of the S4.

The VI 100 is awesome but it is not going to help you learn any quicker or any easier.

S4 and MF is a great combo.

But then i would say that, i just sold my VCI and im totally down with S4.

Tech Mentor

Thank you Karlos. That really helps me feel a bit better about my decision to get the S4 over the VCI. I suppose it was just the videos of Ean being very adept on them that overwhelmed me. But it's that way with any craft. I just needed someone experienced to tell me I didn't screw up, now all that's left is me to sit down and master my own craft so I can make it "look easy".
    Live Gear : MacBook Pro 13" & 15" (depends which one I grab), Kontrol S4, Midi-Fighter, Shure SRH750DJ, Dedication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    itajen just told Chilly to read the fucking manual... lol
    *takes hat off and bows to itajen*
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah mate, just concentrate on your skills. Eans got a lot of years experience. Look at him as inspiration, not as something you have to achieve.
    You will develop your own style soon enough and having the gear that is versatile enough for you to develop that style is very important.
    I think the S4 is the right controller.

If you had the VCI 100 i would still say the same as its a great controller but the S4 has more.