Using S4 occasionally with Serato?
    Tech Student

Default Using S4 occasionally with Serato?

I'm in love with the design and features of the S4, but I recently switched to Serato for it's Video-SL purposes. I already use both Traktor and Serato depending on the circumstances of the event, but I'm thinking about replacing my DJM and CDJ's for the S4. My intent is to downsize my gear and make it more portable for easy setup and transporting.

Is this wise? Or will I have to run Traktor in order to get the mixer section to work?

What are some other options for my situation? Xone 4d? I wouldn't mind fitting a midifighter somewhere in there.
    Last edited by GetBent; 12-04-2010 at 05:03 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think whatever you can map bto the keyboard in Serato you can map to the S4. I've never used Serato though so Someone else will have to confirm.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Yeah, the only issue is that Serato doesn't have an internal mixer, and from what I've been reading Traktor has to be running in order to utilize the mixing capabilities from the S4.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah no external mixing with the S4 and I just looked over the list of keyboard shortcuts for Serato and there's pretty much nothing available as far as mixing controls go so I don't think it possible.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x