VCI-300 MKII vs NI S4 What you guys think?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default VCI-300 MKII vs NI S4 What you guys think?

This two are being use by many djs all around the world, from pro djs to bed room djs use them but what do you guys think is the best one? at this moment Traktor is becoming the standard on digital djing, but what about Serato? here are some features of the two so let me know your opinions on this thanks guys

VCI-300 MKII Features:

Vestax VCI-300 USB DJ Controller and Audio Interface Features at a Glance:

* Includes a full version of Serato ITCH software
    * USB Port, Bus powered
    * 12-level LED L/R indicator
    * Crates/Files/Browse key and cursor switch
    * Adjustable JOG wheel and fader curves
    * Mic Input x 1
    * Aux Input RCA x 2
    * Headphones Out x 1
    * Master Out Phone x 2, RCA x 2
    * Input Fader Curve Control x 1
    * Cross Fader Curve Control x 1
    * Optional Adapter: DC-9V 500mA
    * Differences between MKI and MKII: Now features small 1/8" and big 1/4" headphone socket, master volume boost when using an external power supply, new adjust knobs for the platter sensitivity, new optional Vestax digital crossfader, new analog throughput for mic/aux input.

NI S4 Features:

Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 DJ Controller and Software System Features at a Glance:

* Highly integrated 4-deck Traktor controller and flagship software
    * Plug and play - all you need to start mixing is your computer and MP3s
    * Includes special version of Traktor Pro (Traktor Pro S4)
    * Traktor Pro S4 includes all standard Traktor functionality plus 28 Traktor effects
    * 4 channels, each with a level fader, a 3-band EQ, a filter knob, a gain control, and 2 effects sends
    * High-resolution, touch-sensitive jog wheels with rubber-coated outer rim and glossy top plate
    * Patent-pending magnetic-brake jog wheel technology
    * Hardware and software work at very high resolution (30 times greater than resolution of MIDI)
    * 4-channel mixer with ergonomic layout
    * Powerful MP3 management, with iTunes integration and iPod compatibility
    * Fully customizable control surface works with any MIDI-controllable software
    * Sample Decks provide live sampling and looping (4 loops per Sample Deck)
    * Loop Recorder allows on-the-fly recording and loop playback from any channel
    * Low-latency drivers for Mac and PC
    * Cirrus-Logic AD/DA converters (up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution)
    * Ultra-wide frequency response
    * Dual 1/4" and RCA outputs
    * High-gain outputs (up to 9.7dBu)
    * High-quality 1/4" headphone jack with separate controls for headphone volume and cue mix
    * 2 x stereo RCA analog input channels, switchable between line and phono level
    * Routing can be conveniently assigned from within the software
    * 2 x 1/4" microphone inputs with adjustable gain
    * MIDI I/O
    * Package includes S4 hardware controller with built-in audio interface, Traktor Pro S4 software, USB cable, power supply, manual, keyboard function mapping sheet, and Loopmasters Loop Library with 40 original loops and 10 full tracks
    * Depth: 12.7"
    * Height: 2"
    * Width: 19.7"
    * Weight: 7.5 lbs.
    -Bitpix- Don't do the same re-mix your life.

Tech Guru

I have an S4 and a VCI. Right now Traktor S4 has alot more features than Itch and the VCI 300. One thing that Itch has superior to Traktor are colored, stacked waveforms and warpable beatgrids. The VCI-300 is also smaller and much more portable and is made of metal.

Aside from that the S4 wins in every other category. If you are torn between the two I would wait until Winter NAMM on January 13th where it's rumored Serato is going to unveil Itch 2.0 with Bridge/Ableton integration and also a new Itch controller. Things will be interesting then.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    I have an S4 and a VCI. Right now Traktor S4 has alot more features than Itch and the VCI 300. One thing that Itch has superior to Traktor are colored, stacked waveforms and warpable beatgrids. The VCI-300 is also smaller and much more portable and is made of metal.

Aside from that the S4 wins in every other category. If you are torn between the two I would wait until Winter NAMM on January 13th where it's rumored Serato is going to unveil Itch 2.0 with Bridge/Ableton integration and also a new Itch controller. Things will be interesting then.
    I didnt know that that serato was bringing a new version of the itch thats cool to know im gonna be checking out namm then thanks for the info.

S4... A no brainer if you ask me!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I'm with Tekki on this one, I have a vci-300. Just not great atall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    I'm with Tekki on this one, I have a vci-300. Just not great atall.
    What you dont like about it?

Itch lacks major features that traktor has.
    And you have to pay an extra €200 for the vfx to go with the vci-300. Not great for my style of mixing.

I'm sure it would be good if you were playing hip hop , r 'n' b or music along that lines.
    But not great for techno / minimal / tech house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkid_Dan View Post
    Itch lacks major features that traktor has.
    And you have to pay an extra €200 for the vfx to go with the vci-300. Not great for my style of mixing.

I'm sure it would be good if you were playing hip hop , r 'n' b or music along that lines.
    But not great for techno / minimal / tech house.
    Oh I see that sucks that you need to pay extra for something you should get with it you know, my style of music its mainly electronic so not for me

Tech Guru

this is a classic argument. As far as hardware goes - the S4 I like tons better. It's in a different class. As far as software goes: more features does not equal better. Traktor has 26 effects and I used 4-5 of them. I don't think it matters what genre your playing colored waveforms and flexible beat grids are very powerful tool and Itch's system blows away Traktors. The VCI and Itch is as close as it gets to two decks and a 2 channel mixer - very streamlined and straight fwd system. If Itch adds a few things and comes out with a controller that can hang with the S4 there will be some serious competition.

I do agree that the VCI is not the competition right now.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    this is a classic argument. As far as hardware goes - the S4 I like tons better. It's in a different class. As far as software goes: more features does not equal better. Traktor has 26 effects and I used 4-5 of them. I don't think it matters what genre your playing colored waveforms and flexible beat grids are very powerful tool and Itch's system blows away Traktors. The VCI and Itch is as close as it gets to two decks and a 2 channel mixer - very streamlined and straight fwd system. If Itch adds a few things and comes out with a controller that can hang with the S4 there will be some serious competition.

I do agree that the VCI is not the competition right now.
    Totally agree with you thanks for posting a response

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast