issues and concerns with traktor

Default issues and concerns with traktor

to start I used the search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for even though I'm sure it's there I just lack sufficient search-jitsu.

A couple of questions about various things in traktor that I am wondering...

1st) I have a bcd3000 and I want to map a knob to each decks filter, could someone help me out with it...I'd like to put each one on fx control 1 and 2 for deck a and b respectively

2nd) consitency in my beatgrids...I'm getting the beatgrids tight as far as the tempo, but I am having a problem with the initial grid point set at the same place in the beat (if that makes any sense) is there a "right" way to get them set at a consistent place in the beat...

3) is there a way to progam a button via midi to change between advanced fx and chained fx (and by extension could I program a button to change between different fx in the different modes, for example set one button up for Beatslicer in advanced mode on fx 2 and a button that switches to delay / reverb / beatsmasher (or whatever) in chained mode on fx2)

as far as the midi programming stuff goes I have an x1 and the aforementioned bcd3000 thanks in advance for all the help

Tech Guru

1 yes it can be done, instead of mapping the knob to global, select the specific deck.

2 the start of the beat......i guess

3 you need to set up a macro to do that, but yes it to is possible
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    1st) I have a bcd3000 and I want to map a knob to each decks filter, could someone help me out with it...I'd like to put each one on fx control 1 and 2 for deck a and b respectively
    In controller manager you'll just need to select which deck you want that knob to control in the assignment area.

2nd) consitency in my beatgrids...I'm getting the beatgrids tight as far as the tempo, but I am having a problem with the initial grid point set at the same place in the beat (if that makes any sense) is there a "right" way to get them set at a consistent place in the beat...
    I zoom the grid all the way out and place my marker then, but I still have to adjust it a little, that's normal I think.

3) is there a way to progam a button via midi to change between advanced fx and chained fx (and by extension could I program a button to change between different fx in the different modes, for example set one button up for Beatslicer in advanced mode on fx 2 and a button that switches to delay / reverb / beatsmasher (or whatever) in chained mode on fx2)
    Yes, you just need to map that knob/button to either FX single or FX group. Watch this tutorial by Priscilla and it should enlighten you as to how to do that and much more.

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10700

as far as the midi programming stuff goes I have an x1 and the aforementioned bcd3000 thanks in advance for all the help
    I have several knobs and buttons mapped on my X1 just like you want.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Use the metronome when beatgridding. Also, use headphones.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds