Help PLS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help PLS

Default Help PLS

Hiii Ive just bought an M-Audio Fast Track Pro .. Have Traktor Pro on my laptop having issues assigning the decks to two channels .. fast track pro has two analog ins n outs .. Need help .. Good wishes

Tech Wizard

Christ, you know Traktor and your Audio interface come with manuals right?

There's also this thing in Traktor, called preferences, first make sure that the m-audio ft pro is your audio interface. Beyond that I can't help you because your post is woefully short on proper explanation of what you want to do.

You want to mix internally? externally? Do you have a analog mixer or do you want to use Traktor's internal mixer? Do you want to use Timecode to control vinyl decks/CDJS or is your cryptic usage of the word 'decks' here referring to the decks within Traktor itself?

Sorry to be a bit of a curmudgeon but if you want help please make sure you frame your question properly first so that we can actually be helpful instead of slightly dickish.

I have a Pioneer DJM 600 Mixer .. would like to align say Deck A from the Traktor to Chennel 1 on my mixer and like wise Deck B to Channel 2 so that I can use the external mixer to mix tracks while the traktor is playin on my laptop .

Ive used the Audio setup to M-Audio fast track pro USB ASIO Ive also used the other option which says M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4 in 4 out WASAPI Shared Mode .. The issue comes when Im Alligning the decks on the OutPut Routing in Traktor .. Whether to choose internal or external .. Checked using both the options .. On external the Output channel A .. Options are L n R and I can assign only 1: Line 1/2 Out 0 and 2 : Line 1/2 out 1 to R .. When I choose the same options for Output channel B the options I choose for Output channel A automatically changes to not connected .

Can u pls help me out on this .. Awaiting ur reply .. Good wishes

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by IsrAlienALEX View Post
    Ive used the Audio setup to M-Audio fast track pro USB ASIO Ive also used the other option which says M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4 in 4 out WASAPI Shared Mode .. The issue comes when Im Alligning the decks on the OutPut Routing in Traktor .. Whether to choose internal or external .. Checked using both the options .. On external the Output channel A .. Options are L n R and I can assign only 1: Line 1/2 Out 0 and 2 : Line 1/2 out 1 to R .. When I choose the same options for Output channel B the options I choose for Output channel A automatically changes to not connected.
    Before I help you I'm going to rant a bit and sort of be a dick and IMPLORE that you please please please study some proper English grammar and sentence structure (even if English isn't your first language, which is what I'm assuming here, if it is, may God have mercy on your soul). Sentences do NOT end with two dots and I shouldn't have to read something 4 times just to squeeze a modicum of understanding out of it...if you're trying to pass this off as some kind of 'stream of consciousness' writing style then please save it for your contemporary literature book you're writing and don't pollute message boards with your affront to the English language.

*breathes*

Okay now that I'm done ranting let's see if I can actually help you.

Well no, I'm not done ranting. The statement you used 'whether to choose internal or external belies another problem...you DID NOT read the manual. If you bothered to read the rather voluminous tome that NI made for you that carefully explains how the program works you probably wouldn't be here...but I digress. You know people write manuals for a reason right?

*breathes again*

I am not sure how the M-Audio works on a PC with ASIO drivers but clearly what you want to do the audio interface is capable of. Look on the back of your interface and you'll see two RCA pairs (the white and red connectors) and run output 1 and 2 to channel 1 and output 3 and 4 to channel 2 on your mixer.

- Go to Traktor's preferences and select M-Audio Fast Track Pro 4 in 4 out.
    - Go to output routing, select external
    - Assign the first set to outputs 1 and 2
    - Assign the second set to outputs 3 and 4

This should work, if it does not then I believe the problem lies with your audio interface drivers and settings. Does it work outside of Traktor? Are you able to use it to listen to music/audio in any other situation?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sadly I don't know anything about the M-Audio fast track pro or external mixing, but I do pretend to know a little bit about grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkd View Post
    Sentences do NOT end with two dots
    I think he's incorrectly using them as ellipses to indicate a pause. Which in itself is incorrect, but has become somewhat accepted on the interwebz.

and I shouldn't have to read something 4 times just to squeeze a modicum of understanding out of it..
    No you shouldn't, but I always give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's Google's fault coupled with what may be bad grammar in their native language.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I think he's incorrectly using them as ellipses to indicate a pause. Which in itself is incorrect, but has become somewhat accepted on the interwebz.
    Until it makes it way into an official English language grammar book it's in my opinion incorrect. The fact that it is 'accepted' is in my opinion irrelevant.

Sorry if this makes me a cantankerous douche who places an undue emphasis on correct grammar usage in language.

dirkd, don't be a d*ck.

FFS.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Tech Wizard

What's the big deal?

I explained in excruciating detail how he should go about fixing his problem, and even recommended an avenue that would frequently solve most simple problems without having to make use of this board: the manual (shocker!)

Frankly this board should be reserved for discussions and issues that go beyond what the manual offers. This problem was not one of them.

I was however, glad to help.

If I came off as somewhat somewhat abrasive...I don't apologize. I have no patience for people who seem to think that this board exists to solve the world's simplest problems that could be remedied by a simple perusing of a freaking user manual.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkd View Post
    Until it makes it way into an official English language grammar book it's in my opinion incorrect. The fact that it is 'accepted' is in my opinion irrelevant.
    I agree...for the most part.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Hey IsrAlienALEX, welcome aboard

Follow this thread m8
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3411
    It's pretty much the same on a PC

hope this helps

Edit OOps sorry that was for internal playback - I'll try again.
    Follow the thread I linked to above and make sure that outputs 3&4 are enabled in the Fast Track Driver options. Then set the output routing to external in the second pic and set Output A to 0&1 and Output B to 2&3
    Last edited by Hippie; 12-07-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast