Anyone using Tiny7?
    Tech Guru

Default Anyone using Tiny7?

Before I start this I will say I am using my own purchased serial number for this install.

With that said...Has anyone installed Windows Tiny7 on their machine? If so do you notice a speed difference? I used to use TinyXP and I loved it...it was speedy and very stable. I have been running my i5 laptop hard for about a year and was thinking it's about time for a fresh install.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

What the blazes its Tiny7?
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

What the blazes its Tiny7?
    Lol I thought the same.

Seems to be a reduced version of Windows 7.
    Never tried it, but I guess the difference (if any) will be very small.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's designed to run off thumb drives and such. I used TinyXP for a bit really just to play around. I think if they've got the tiny7 version nailed down and stable it would be pretty much the same as any streamlined version of any windows OS.

Give it a try and report back.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I think I'm going to give it a go...I have to backup my image first. Should be fun and painful LOL.

Tiny XP was awesome, I used to install it on all of my machines. Hopefully this one works the same.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Sounds fun. Looking forward to some testimonies of stable installations.

I'm looking to move my DJ rig to a dedicated beater laptop for giggin' out. I like the idea of quick bootups.

I just came across Tiny7 and I'm thinking of using it. Has anybody tried it? Would it be better for installing DJing programs etc? I hear gamers tend to use it since it speeds up performance and was wondering if it would work for DJs too. If anyone knows how to run it off a thumbdrive please share the info because that would be amazing.

Cheers!

Tech Guru

I haven't had the chance to install it yet...my laptop is full of data and I need to make sure everything is in order. Once I do that I am going to make it happen.