Sony Vaio Y series or Macbook Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

They are alleged "computers".

In reality they are an all-in-one Facebook browser with built-in Netflix streaming video players.

Some say one can write college papers with them, but this is a highly debated point among scholars and 4chan users.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Wait…sony makes computers now?! I thought they made CD players and lousy home stereo gear…
    and cracky headphones (nvm i'm using pioneer XD)

Quote Originally Posted by davendiva View Post
    Thanks, for replies. I think the Macbook shall be the one, I just wish apple didn't take the piss on there pricing to much eg. $400 for upgrade to 8gb ram or $1400 for 512gb SSD.
    do you really need 8gb ram & and a 512 ssd?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    No that was just an example of how much they want from us feeble suckers for something that is half price anywhere else. Is it possible to upgrade a macbook yourself or will it make Apple cry and void any warranty? Also there seems to be a €700 price difference between Spain (where i am) and the U.S. Is this how much it costs to send over the pond....

this is the question I keep asking myself...

for video editing.. night and day difference if you have the above upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by davendiva View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade a macbook yourself or will it make Apple cry and void any warranty?
    yes you can upgrade the ram and hd yourself and not void the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    this is the question I keep asking myself...

for video editing.. night and day difference if you have the above upgrades

it is night and day, but not everyone needs 8gb of ram and a SSD hd. You have to be doing some serious video or audio to need all that power.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

get the upgrades and install it yourself if you really need them, there are tons of youtube videos explaining this simple process.

yes you can upgrade the ram and hd yourself and not void the warranty.

it is night and day, but not everyone needs 8gb of ram and a SSD hd. You have to be doing some serious video or audio to need all that power.
    Definitely for some serious audio...

but video? lol It does not take much to slow down any video project with video.
    Depends though if your doing amateur stuff or pro. Ive done both and no matter how you cut the cake there is a reason why doing pro video work you will always have issues... especially on a laptop which imho is not made for doing pro video in any way or capacity.

for me the best solution is a 17' macbook pro for the simple fact of having USB 3 and the 15' macbook pro cannot have this right now

I work in the computer industry, mainly repairing and rebuilding huge amounts of systems. Today i processed about 40 servers, 1 PowerMac G5, some Dells, and a few Sony's. And from my point of view, i would recommend a Dell over a Sony, and Dell's pretty much suck. If you have to get a PC, then ASUS or IBM is the way to go. But in all honesty, get a Mac and never look back. The PowerMac might be a bitch to work on (i did a psu replacement the other day and it took me a few hours) but, that rarely ever happens. Normally when i see a Mac i sigh in relief, since it's usually a clean and swap job. Now Vaio's omg, horrible. How can sony charge so much when the use such cheap components.
    Oh yeah, and the powermac today was only a dual 1.8, but we're getting some quad 2.5's in next week. And i'll be taking one home for sure.

Tech Wizard

Just one more thing before i get a macbook is what screen is preferable, glossy or matt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast