Anyone using Platinum Notes V3.0?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anyone using Platinum Notes V3.0?

I won a copy in a competition. A friend uses it so I have given it a try but can't really see what difference it has made to my tunes, all of which are purchased legally.

It hasn't compressed the wave form greatly, so the files seem to be pretty similar. I have used the plug in caled 'festival' which is supposed to make tunes sound better on a larger system.

I am skeptical.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

LOL. I have v2.0. Basically its just supposed to make the MP3 sound the best it possibly could in all evironments??!?!

When I use it....some tracks that i cut to MP3 from Wav's off a CD or direct from the producer will have almost nothing done to it. Then others it will.

Some Mp3's i have downloaded off the blogs also need none....some do!!

So I guess if you have gotten decent MP3's...then thats why its not doing much.
    Try testing it with a known crappy mp3....see what the outcome is.

I also use RE2.....RapidEvolution and also Mixed in key. They both give me different key readings. So I just tag the mp3 with both fucking keys....and when i play and use key....i just check em out quick to see which key works on the playing track.

Fuckit....

Works...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I've never used, but for the price I'm very much on the fence.

My mixer's gain knobs would be so lonely if I used this software.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    LOL. I have v2.0. Basically its just supposed to make the MP3 sound the best it possibly could in all evironments??!?!

When I use it....some tracks that i cut to MP3 from Wav's off a CD or direct from the producer will have almost nothing done to it. Then others it will.

Some Mp3's i have downloaded off the blogs also need none....some do!!

So I guess if you have gotten decent MP3's...then thats why its not doing much.
    Try testing it with a known crappy mp3....see what the outcome is.

I also use RE2.....RapidEvolution and also Mixed in key. They both give me different key readings. So I just tag the mp3 with both fucking keys....and when i play and use key....i just check em out quick to see which key works on the playing track.

Fuckit....

Works...
    LOL. Sounds like a lot of arse ache! he he
    Tony the Pony.

Tech Wizard

Tried it and don't really see a big deal. Most my music sounds fine before notes 3.0. Some lower quality mp3's have a slight improvement. Some of that might be related to the increase in volume. Also, to get the most benefit you want to save in wav format, that just gobbles up storage space. The only thing I really like is the volume leveling. I just use it now for only low quality mp3's I might get (legal sites offer high quality mp3's). For the price my recommendation is to pass, just my opinion.

Tech Guru

I just recently got this. A friend recommended it ---- I haven't used it yet on a big system, but I can tell the difference right away. However, it doesn't do much for crappy songs. If you have a crappy song, well know you have a high quality crappy sounding sound. One thing it fixed tons was clipping on tracks. I now here warm lows and much clearer vocals. The way he explained it and why he liked it was the volume on all your tracks is the same now and they have all been processed thru the same PN system so the response you get from a gain knob or EQ is the same on each song.

I have yet to hear it on a REALLY BIG system though.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

as I said to you yesterday Pony via email, I think most things music wise are best left judged by ear. ALthough I dont doubt PN can do a decent job I still think its about training your ears to pick up on the things and often if you're experienced enough then your ear will make a better judgement. Hence the reason I knocked off the autogain on traktor last night and already feel its making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    LOL. Sounds like a lot of arse ache! he he
    Indeed, but it helps!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    as I said to you yesterday Pony via email, I think most things music wise are best left judged by ear. ALthough I dont doubt PN can do a decent job I still think its about training your ears to pick up on the things and often if you're experienced enough then your ear will make a better judgement. Hence the reason I knocked off the autogain on traktor last night and already feel its making a difference.
    Well my ear is pretty good tbh, coming from vinyl/cdjs it has to be, as you know matey.

Saying that, I'm a bit deaf, but level wise and EQing I am pretty good, most of the time.

I'm still unsure. I also don't like the way it adds _PN to all my tracks that have been proicessed with it although I am unsure as to whehtehr I can change that in the prefs.
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast