BCD3000 JogWheel MOD!

Default BCD3000 JogWheel MOD!

I'm a knob, I mean noob!

I have read on ChefT's BCD dedicated forum about prying up the jog wheels with a butter or putty knife or the likes. At first I was REALLY sketchy on the idea of applying leverage to rotating surface but much to my surprise they came off much easier than expected!

They are just like a bigger version of a knob mount, well same size in the middle where it attaches but towards the outer edges of the jog it has 4 ball bearings mounted in little plastic recesses which run around a little track with protective film on it, I can't see them doing anything besides supporting the jog wheel when force is applied to the edges!

Anyways all I did to stop my Jogs from scraping the sides as they do on this model I got 2 nylon washers and put one on each jog enough to raise it away from the edges of the faceplate, not exceedingly so but just enough to provide clearance and I gave it a squirt of silicone spray! My jogs are awesome now! Even resistance and despite not making contact on all four bearings constantly the sturdiness has not been compromised!

Just throwing this up while my mix uploads to give anyone else out there some positive reinforcement into improving their Behringer BCD3000 Jog Wheels!

MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

Nice Job! I replaced the whole "jogs" with some small toy records and did just that.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Oh true, Do you gig much man?

I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank you for creating such an awesome Traktor map, I'm running your map with the standard pitch bending on the jogs and some small changes to the set cue, set loop and reloop buttons!

Thanks sooo much! The browsing ability with the modifier is AWESOME! I can confidentely put my keyboard away and not have to worry bout touching anything other than my bcd3000!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U