deadmau5 4x4=12! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

i know alan fitzpatrick he lives up the road.also reset robot and jon gurd are local boys too.

Tech Wizard

I like deadmau5, he has been copied to death now, but it's always a good thing when people want to copy your style. I have liked all the stuff he has produced.

Tech Mentor

and lance how can you be ashamed?.tenaglia,jazzy jeff,larry levan,photojojo

although im not a huge fan some detroit techno has been influential to many over here and around the world.

adultknapper has been doing well over here aswell although not for me.

did you guys not invent the art.

good job your a dj/producer and not a salesman
    Last edited by calvin01; 12-09-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Seems like the people here in the US just can't seem to grasp the concept of good EDM.
    Which is ironic considering that an awful lot of it comes from their country of birth.

Deadmau5 is lowest common denominator dance music.

Tech Guru

Deadmau5's style just appeals to more people. Love it or hate it. He is one of the main reasons why I dove into EDM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

I honestly think his music is cookie cutter and quite generic... When he first started out he was making some good music, i personally have hated all his music, but i can admit when something is good even if i don't like it. Early in his career his music was very different, but like everything else people copied his sound and recreated it and have taken it to different levels. His music now just seems like a bunch of loud electro bullshit.

I'm not gonna hate on the guy, I wish i had his money for making music, but that is not gonna change my stance on thinking his music really sucks anymore. This new album of his is no different. Its music for the sheep. Most won't even know why they like it, but they will like it anyway. Basically when its shoved in your face there really isn't anything else to do but take it in, those of us who choose to use our good taste and brains will find other stuff to listen to...

Sorry if i have offended anyone, but i am really getting annoyed by all this electro house music, it makes my stomach turn... Seems to be a big problem in the US, and apparently the Netherlands as well with their "dutch house"...
    I agree... But Urgh.... don't get me started on "Dirty" Dutch.... *starts puking some more*
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Honestly his album sounds like everything else he has released, it all has just started sounding the same to me at this point. =|

Sorry if i have offended anyone, but i am really getting annoyed by all this electro house music, it makes my stomach turn... Seems to be a big problem in the US, and apparently the Netherlands as well with their "dutch house"...
    +1

I think this electro house stuff is even more annoying than the whole Ibiza vocal house bullshit (well, or at least in the same ballpark) - it even somewhat spoiled the sound of 303 basslines for me
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    and lance how can you be ashamed?.tenaglia,jazzy jeff,larry levan,photojojo

although im not a huge fan some detroit techno has been influential to many over here and around the world.

adultknapper has been doing well over here aswell although not for me.

did you guys not invent the art.

good job your a dj/producer and not a salesman
    We are in a different time now. There are plenty of great producers and DJs from the US. I feel that for every 1 good person we have there are 2 shitty ones...

But in my statements I was talking more about the people listening to the music, that's what is most embarrassing... Haven't you noticed most of us producers run to other countries, there are very few of us that haven't skipped over to Germany or such.

You are certainly right though, there are some great producers and djs from the US. I apologize if i came off as saying that we had none.

Quote Originally Posted by djsakebomb View Post
    Ahh correct, the 4D not the 92, and add in the Maschine. I don't recall him using the Maschine when I saw him though? Eh oh well.

EDIT: Here's the setup he was using the two times I saw him
    My mate watches his ustream videos and all i seen him use was the 4D and maschine.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast