deadmau5 4x4=12!
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default deadmau5 4x4=12!

deadmau5 came out with his new album, 4x4=12, yesterday (in the US) and there are some amazing house/electro house tracks in there. I'm really trying to expand into house much more and was wondering if anyone could give me some good examples of house music like this so I can do a full house music mix.
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's the logic behind 4x4=12?

If you click the drop down box on a track in beatport it will give you an option to select more tracks like that. Other than that sort by genre and dig away, it's part of the fun of DJ'ing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The logic I don't know yet :P

I've actually never used beatport. I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

Soundcloud || Facebook

who is deamau5 ?? lol kidding but seriously some of those track are nothing new and pretty much the same things... but i think there like 2-3 song that worth it !!
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

I heard from someone I trust that dead mouse is a dub step band similar to korn.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    I heard from someone I trust that dead mouse is a dub step band similar to korn.
    Nominated!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Who and what is a....

No its not my place to say that.
    Cue...........
    *waits*

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmau5
    It puts me to fucking sleep, to be quite honest; I don’t really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to fucking tears and hopefully, with all due respect to the DJ type that will fucking go the way of the dinosaur, I'd like them to dis-a-fucking-pear! It's so middle man, they’re like fucking lawyers! You need them, but they’re fucking cunts. God bless them, they’re my number one customer right, so I’m not gonna go dis every fucking DJ. But to say you become this massive, "up on a podium" performer by playing other peoples productions, at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I don’t get it...
    I like deadmau5 and all, just dont tihnk his name is very well appreciated on DJ forums
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I am loving "One Trick Pony" from this album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKIwNi56WWE
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    I like deadmau5 and all, just dont tihnk his name is very well appreciated on DJ forums
    See that I did not know. However I feel like if you want to post that quote then you should post his own response to that quote a few days later to be fair.

"Let me start by admitting…. I did not grow up in the EDM scene. I don't consider my career to be about “being a DJ”. I don't have “DJ roots”. I never had any intention of becoming a DJ, and my conception of “DJ’s” in general from this standpoint has always been being forced into some nightclub when I would have rather stayed home, and watch some dude mash the “play / stop” button and occasionally move a pitch slider. Love it or hate it... that’s just been my conception of the traditional “DJ”. Mind you, I'm not a total fucking idiot, and I recognize talent when I see it... and there are many talented DJ’s out there for sure. In my eyes, those would be the individuals who utilize technology to deliver the music in ways that are both skillful and innovate, more-so than my vision of the “play/stop/pitch” DJ. To me, the club is about “the party”; the people make the night; the DJ obviously needs to use that to his advantage, it’s give and take." (Sounds like he views DJing as we here at DJTT do, about using the technology of digital DJing to it's advantages)

I'm new to the DJ scene and trying to expand my horizons. I only know the big label guys I guess and I'm trying to find out the names only us music junkies have heard of. Beatport is an awesome suggestion and majorly was I was looking for. I just wanted some feedback.

Soundcloud || Facebook

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast