OT: Wikileaks: Stop the crackdown @ Avaaz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default OT: Wikileaks: Stop the crackdown @ Avaaz

Hey guys,

I hope you won't be mad at me for posting this here:
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/wikileaks_petition/?fpla

signing Avaaz petitions requires signup, but in general they don't spam with bullshits. Their causes are usually worthy and it's a good social act in general.

Regards,
    Kaloyan

Tech Guru

The same people that sign this bullshit to protect freedom of speech and freedom of journalism are the same ones that then question and publicly hang out to dry the govts that use methods they don't agree with to protect and maintain these rights.

What a double standard bullshit. A fucking petition for wiki leaks.

Wheres the petition to stop North Korea from Bombing South Korea? Is that not a good social act. Stop Nuclear bomb development? Oh right -- it's Korea. Shit like this is only fun when the U.S. is exposed.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    The same people that sign this bullshit to protect freedom of speech and freedom of journalism are the same ones that then question and publicly hang out to dry the govts that use methods they don't agree with to protect and maintain these rights.

What a double standard bullshit. A fucking petition for wiki leaks.

Wheres the petition to stop North Korea from Bombing South Korea? Is that not a good social act. Stop Nuclear bomb development? Oh right -- it's Korea. Shit like this is only fun when the U.S. is exposed.
    you REALLY think Kim Jong Il is gonna back down because of a petition?

"Great Leader.. the west has requested you stop bombing the South"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

seriously.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

Thats my point.

You think a petition is going to stop back room defense strategies.

You'd rather have a petition to say how fucked up the US is, than worry about Nuclear weapons development in N. Korea.

Yep, you guys have all your priorities correct.

Tech Guru

haze, I agree for the double standards statement. You're right, mate!

still don't put it on Avaaz - I signed up with their petitions about an year ago, and it appears that I care for about 90% of them. And yes, you will see valuable causes.

as per wiki leaks, I truly enjoy what's happening in the last few days - it's massive attack on all payment processors and services who've closed the WL accounts (and that BTW includes my employeer and we are preparing for DDoS attack coming in the next days LOL)

I don't want to drift in a political direction here. I live with LawOfOne, not with politics. My belief is that WikiLeaks is important in this world today and I'd like to take action to support it's initiative. This is very important for the evolution of our society!

NAMASTE

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    This is very important for the evolution of our society!

NAMASTE
    Yes. But they (or anyone) can get their message and point across without endangering other human lives. They should have enough integrity to do so.

But since they don't, they are no better than those actions they are trying to bring to light themselves.

I will stay out of this post. Good luck with your petition.

Tech Guru

I understand and agree with what you say!

It is my understanding that becoming politically/publicly exposed leads to making lots of mistakes with behaviour, attitude and presence. With publicity comes responsibility - it makes difference what you say; how you act; what and how you present. On the scale of WL - unfortunetely you're right that this may endanger lives.

just take the example of Ean - do you notice how often people are attacking and criticizing him. Why is that? Because he is a public figure and what he does has influence over a community. The bigger your thing is, the bigger the influence and the higher the attention and the criticism you attract. We need to grow as a society and that's the most important thing of our time these days.

What is worth is the purpose behind. Regardless of the scale, it's about growing the consciousness of the society - Ean's case is creativity and creative inspiration. WL - you know what it is about.

The petition, it's just a visible and public way to say - I'm with you guys. It may well be equally powerful to just send your thought of support. It's just not visible in the material world.

Respect your decision about stepping back from the thread. It'd be wise for me to do the same too (not sure If i'll manage to resist, but I reserve my right to do so )

Cheers!

can we stop having wiki leaks threads? its getting annoying in a place like this

kthxbai
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I would sign the petition not because it would have any marked effect on ...anything, but under the condition that wikileaks' founder and employees volunteered to disclosed all internal emails, texts and business transactions related to the company. Furthermore, allow two camera crews to follow Assange 24 hours a day with live feeds to all electronic/telephonic devices as well as audio/video cameras set inside any office or properties used by the organization. Now THAT is transparency.

revolution, down with the man!!1! kill the rich! damn where'd i put my stash

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    can we stop having wiki leaks threads? its getting annoying in a place like this

kthxbai
    This.

I have newspapers in the morning thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast