exchanging my S4... CDJ900's and maybe TSP or Serato best price??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default exchanging my S4... CDJ900's and maybe TSP or Serato best price??

So i decided the S4 wasn't right for me finally. The CDJ900 option wasnt in the picture at first but my dad is in a jolly mood this year and knows im going through tough financial times and that this would be the best for me as i will be doing club gigs . So he's giving me 1600 and the other 900 from my traktor will go towards 2 cdj900's. my question is guitar center says i can't use dj deals for a pricematch or amazon (even though amazon is an authorized reseller) does anyone know of any good deals on the cdj 900's that i could get away with on a price match at guitar center? i might just have to buy one at guitar center and the other on the internet to save the extra 150-200 bucks. In january i will be added either serato or traktor scratch pro ( or whatever the new release is ) to my setup as well and hopefully getting a different mixer than my vestax.

Thanks,
    Ian

Wait until after NAMM, new gear is going to be shown. CDJ-900 are last year technology, and im sure Pioneer will be coming out with something new.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Wait until after NAMM, new gear is going to be shown. CDJ-900 are last year technology, and im sure Pioneer will be coming out with something new.
    i doubt it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

doubt there'll be new CDJs this year.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

yea i have gigs coming up. can't really wait and i do think its unlikely new stuff will come out from them this year. they only want to have 2 products in there higher end line so i've been told. i wouldn't be suprised about later in the year though

interesting - moving AWAY from the s4. may i ask why?

im looking to move away from my 2x cdj400s and djm400. i find i mostly use the apc40 with minor adjustments on the cdjs, so s4 looks like a move in the right direction for me - more direct control over effects in a centered location.

so, what is making you think otherwise?
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Just wait, I have a feeling that Pioneer is going to jump into the controller/media market and its going stir things up.

^yeah there have been some pretty heavy whispers of a pio controller of late. There wont be another cdj but pretty certain there will be at least plans of a digital interface being released.
    All speculative of course but with rekordbox coming out with every new cdj they're obviously trying to catch up. And who wouldn't jump on a controller 100% compatible to a pre existing club system.

The main reason I say wait is cuz the price might come down. but if you have gigs lined up, I would even look into renting or borrowing gear from a friend or fellow dj.

Tech Guru

PM sent.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast