TSP grid default question

Default TSP grid default question

I asked this over on the NI site but didn't get much love, so I'll ask it here.

Is there any way to have the auto beat grid default to say cue point #10 instead of hot cue 1? Manually changing them each time kinda sucks. I did rudimentary searches on beat gridding but haven't seen this addressed.

Thanks,
    Chris
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

theres no #10.... there are unlabeled ones after 8 though

anyway, no i dont think you can.

but you should be going through all your songs to make sure the grids are correct. so while doing so you just need to make 3 clicks
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Doesn't help you much, but there's a preference in S4 to automatically set the grid marker as an unlabeled one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Turn autogrid off, Grid every tune manually. 3 seconds work aint gonna kill ya mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Actually, the auto beat gridding is pretty good, not nearly as bad as I was expecting after reading other horror stories. That being said I've been gridding primarily House & Techno. Only about 1 in 15 need any deep tweaking, most just need a nudge either way. I was just thinking it'd be nice if I could get it to load itself in a non-hotcue considering I have so many tracks to grid and 3 seconds(to change the cue) per track with 40,000ish tracks=33.33 hours extra. Oh well, I'm actually enjoying the "zen" of it now that I've found a groove. Thanks for your input all.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

i do all mine manually as i bought the "Traktor Bible" and this was very useful in tips, like a lot of the auto beat grids i noticed they start on beat -1.1.1 whereas they should be 1.1.1 and this will throw up problems when wanting to use the loops, fx correctly, im still new to tsp but im learning all the time, and im finding im actually enjoyin that side of the software too, beatgridding all my tunes, i have the beatgrid set to #1 my load cue set to #2 then i have 6 left for anywhere in the song. The 1st 4 weeks of owning tsp i spent tagging my tunes up correctly and gridding them all, and now it all looks sweet as, well organised and how i want it.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I have asked my wife fdor a copy of the traktor bible for Christmas
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    I have asked my wife fdor a copy of the traktor bible for Christmas
    Its well worth getting i live in the uk and it took maybe 5-7 days for them to print it make it and deliver it i usually just dive in when i get something and have a go and end up messing it up lol, but with tsp ive done it the right way, i want to learn how to use the software correctly, thats why ive not just jumped straight into smashing mixes out when i 1st got, i chose to get all my tracks sorted out 1st, tagged, beatgridded and that 1st, so now its all done correctly now i can enjoy it more and use it properly u wont be disapointed with it if u get it mate
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by paulmac View Post
    Its well worth getting i live in the uk and it took maybe 5-7 days for them to print it make it and deliver it i usually just dive in when i get something and have a go and end up messing it up lol, but with tsp ive done it the right way, i want to learn how to use the software correctly, thats why ive not just jumped straight into smashing mixes out when i 1st got, i chose to get all my tracks sorted out 1st, tagged, beatgridded and that 1st, so now its all done correctly now i can enjoy it more and use it properly u wont be disapointed with it if u get it mate
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.