Crazy Headphones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Crazy Headphones

So I'm surfing the interwebs doing my routine search for new headphones (as I currently own Samson CH700 ) I come across a little nifty piece of equipment.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/12/08...e-technologic/

Depending on the sound quality, durability of materials, and isolation, I think I actually might get these.

Any thoughts?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

monster=multimedia

nuff said

ewwww dont like the look of those headphones at all to be honest.. They dont even look like something out of Tron lol just looks like a toy, if any thing Beats by Dre headphones look like they would fit the Tron theme much better
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Tech Guru

I would say marketing ploy. But Monster usually makes decent headphones though, the makers of the Dre Beats. Its probably just a mix of both being their $350!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

They are not DJ headphones.
    I bet they last 5 minutes under the strain of DJ work and not just sitting in front of your computer with your joystick in your hand

Tech Mentor

You have money to burn? These are probably equivalent to $45 Senheisers. You're paying for the name, two names actually. Monster (seller of crazy overpriced cables) and Tron. Take the money and buy actual DJ headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    You have money to burn? These are probably equivalent to $45 Senheisers. You're paying for the name, two names actually. Monster (seller of crazy overpriced cables) and Tron. Take the money and buy actual DJ headphones.
    +1

or at the vest least wait until a dj gets their hands on a pair to review them

Tech Wizard

I was definitely going for the the HDJ-2000s or xd-53. It's not that I have money to splurge with rather than just looking for something that'll last for more than a year. I was considering the MDR-V700 until my friend broke them, in the same week he got them, moments before our set.

Honestly though, if they're anything comparable to the Dr. Dre's, I would definitely not buy them in terms of audio quality and durability (However they're still pretty cool looking to me). And I am actually basing this off of actually handling them myself.

But also, I was thinking of ripping out the drivers in my current headphones to see if I can fit them into some Howard Leight Leightning L0F.

I'd pass on those mate. They look snazzy sure but they are bloody expensive and probabbly not too flash for dj work. Get some sennheiser hd215's and spend the change on whiskey and dancing girls.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The black ones look better but the price doesnt.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Studio-Definition-Gaming-Surround-Headphones/dp/B004443WPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1291865695&sr =8-1"]Amazon.com: TRON T1 Studio High Definition Gaming & Cinema Surround Sound Headphones - Disney Tron Over-Ear Headphones: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419z9OKIDaL.@@AMEPARAM@@419z9OKIDaL[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast