Custom's Charges

Default Custom's Charges

As the title suggests, has anyone in the uk had to pay custom charges on there orders from DJTT store? my parcel is currently awaiting customs clearance in Coventry and i was informed there may be a customs charge to pay, ive ordered the vci-100 se overlay and a set of knobs and faders, was just curious as to if you have had to pay a charge how much it was
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

VAT usually 17.5% or whatever it is. Possibly a custom duty. And possibly a charge by the Royal Mail for opening and resealing your package.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-09-2010 at 05:11 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

forget the p.m mate didn't read your post properly.don't think you'll pay much if any for what you ordered.

My friend sent me his AudioDJ2 as a gift from Australia, i didn't purchase it, he already had it, was a bout a year old...

The guys at Cyustom and Excise charged me £39.99 to take delivery of it. I was actually told it would have been less if I was just buying it new and paying the difference between the tax I'd paid on it and VAT.

Why? for no f*cking reason other than they could. I hadn't bought it outside of the UK and therefore avoided paying VAT or any of that sh*t. it was like them going through your suitcase at Heathrow and deciding to randomly charge you for the fact you had boxers and socks in your suitcase or otherwise that's it, no entry to the UK.

Customs and Excise first came into existence to combat pirates and smuggling on the high seas. Seems they are still carrying on the life long tradition of being robbing f*cking pirates.

/rant.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

cheers for the replys, i must be the most impatient man alive haha, i HATE waiting for my stuff and customs are holding it up. To be fair i phoned parcel force and the girl who answered was very good tellin me more info than the website gave me with my tracking ref. She took my phone number and said she will find out if there is any charges to pay to quicken it up rather than waiting for a letter to say so. i want my overlay so i can start to use my vci properly without having to look at a piece of paper with a picture of the se overlay on haha..
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Filterkat

seeing this makes me cringe... im waiting on a VCI-100 Arcade, Knob pack, and an audio 2... it says on the site its being held up in customs, and the guy from DJTT told me he had declared it at a lower value to lower the VAT, which is awesome... but still, those bastards in customs will surely find a way to rob me of more cash... grrrrrrrrr