CDJ cue point question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CDJ cue point question

Yo fams. Quick one on saving cueys on cdjs.. On the 800 I'm under the impression that cue points are stored internally somehow (though maybe written onto the disc?)
    and on the 1000 guys insert an sd card which has all of their points.. So, obviously if the 800 stores the points on the unit itself, it's pretty useless when it comes to using a club system as no points will be saved
    OR
    if the 800 writes the points to the disc of your track, then they should show up on the 1000? Yes?
    If you have any ideas, I would enjoy them.

800 saves cue points for as long as the CDJ is turned on. Turn it off and BAM! they are gone.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

^ That is fucking useless. cheers

Seriously I have no idea how cdj's have been so popular for so long. They literally only have a few basic functions and cost thousands of dollars. This angers me.

:rofl:

Useless? They are excellent, they never break (or rarely) they are easy to use, they can do a thousand things more than the vinyl which they replaced. The cue point issue - DJs are a bit spoilt these days, in the past you had to work on the fly, adding cue points manually as you went, manually selecting loops etc etc you had to work to be better than someone else and being able to do these things gave you a creative edge.

Also the CVDJ 800mk II is about £300 now, a lot less than a CDJ 1000 mk II or mk III, so if you want that level of hardware, like the ability to save cue points to SD etc, you have to pay up for the top level item.
    Tony the Pony.

Or just go software and do a lot more for a lot less
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Or just go software and do a lot more for a lot less
    Yeah, now. But in the past.....
    Tony the Pony.

Tech Guru

there is an easy fix....

buy 1000's
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Yeah I've got a full controller setup, just want the ability to use cdjs when I'm trying to get gigs that hate on bringing gear.
    I say useless I suppose comparatively to digital djing. A decent controller and Traktor shits all over a cdj in what you can do. I use two decks and a mixer, I beatmatch and set in/out cues like you would on a cdj. Just about as traditional you can get with Traktor. But with the options I have on my controller compared to the few on a cdj, they're pretty overpriced.
    Build quality is there but pretty limited functionality imo. And the wave form display on most of them are AAWFUL. Horribly archaic compared to the detail of Traktor.
    Anyway, end rant.

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    Yeah I've got a full controller setup, just want the ability to use cdjs when I'm trying to get gigs that hate on bringing gear.
    I say useless I suppose comparatively to digital djing. A decent controller and Traktor shits all over a cdj in what you can do. I use two decks and a mixer, I beatmatch and set in/out cues like you would on a cdj. Just about as traditional you can get with Traktor. But with the options I have on my controller compared to the few on a cdj, they're pretty overpriced.
    Build quality is there but pretty limited functionality imo. And the wave form display on most of them are AAWFUL. Horribly archaic compared to the detail of Traktor.
    Anyway, end rant.
    Who would have ever guessed that things from the past aren't as technologicaslly competant as things from the future!

I'm still rocking my original abacus man, them calculators are wack!

CDJ 500 first came out in 1990 (ish), that's 20 years ago. CDJ800s came out in 1998, 12 years ago, trying mixing on a PC back then! Of course things have changed for the better in that time.

It's not rocket science.
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast