VCI-100 SE + Traktor 3.4 / Pro Crash!

Default VCI-100 SE + Traktor 3.4 / Pro Crash!

OK, got a very very very annoying problem:

Got the VCI-100 wrapped in the SE Overlay, worked all fine, and got Traktor Pro, also works fine.

Problem is: After a X amount of time Traktor suddenly crashes, gets stuck on one annoying tone and need to turn of my VCI-100 SE to stop the sound. So I guess it's the VCI doing harm.

Can anyone help me out with settings in Pro or maybe something else, so I can go all crazy on my VCI-100 SE again?

My specs:

Dell Lattitude D830 2.4 Ghz dual-core + 2 Gigs Ram
    Echo Indigo Dj
    Vci-100 SE

Its highly unlikely that its related to the SE- as its an audio issue. But to make sure, what other things happen to traktor? does a deck stop? does the screen do something funny? is an effect turned up all the way suddenly?

The decks suddenly stop, Traktor doesn't receive any signal of the VCI, and sometimes I even get the blue screen of death.

If the deck freezes, sometimes I can go to the options menu and reassign the VCI and Traktor starts working again (this is why I think it's the VCI), but today Traktor just stopped working and I needed to shut down the program.

Need more specific information?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post

If the deck freezes, sometimes I can go to the options menu and reassign the VCI and Traktor starts working again (this is why I think it's the VCI), but today Traktor just stopped working and I needed to shut down the program.

Need more specific information?
    Hey Cor,

I've been having a similiarish problem with 3.2 and gone through a deathball of s#!t to work it out. Have a look here http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...traktor+freeze

I've so far pinpointed it down to a USB problem. I'm pretty sure my a couple of my USB ports are slightly shagged and not sure about another. My next step is to trial a powered USB Hub so check back after next Thursday 18th December to see how it stems out. I'm hoping i can get away with running the hub for a while until i can save up for a new computer/laptop/wicked roadcase supercomputer to go pro with.

Seeing as though you asked whether to state more specific information are you running a usb soundcard also?

Apart from that a couple of personal suggestions to try until something else shows its face.

1. If your running a laptop make sure you are running on power not battery.
    2. I discovered my usb ports were shaggered because i didnt use my wireless internet usb connection in the usual port and it dropped in and out like all hell. And also a wireless mouse that i had to move the usb connector a little to connect sometimes. If you have something like this you could try in your different ports too see if there is something wrong there. Or try your VCI in a different port also.
    3. If you have the cash to throw around it could pay to grab a POWERED usb hub to try before i report back anyway as it is always handy to have a couple of extra ports.
    4. Survive on a backup cdplayer/ipod/laptop between reboots till you can sort out the problem. Bit harder to do it when yours is freezing good and proper and locking the sound up also. I've been lucky enough with mine that it freezes everything up and keeps playing the track until end so i work out whats going and and get a song cued up on cd. Gives me withing a flys#!t of a second to reboot and start again.

Hope this helps out as i know its an absolute pain in the ass especially when your playing out in a club.

Hey Coight,

Thanks for the reply and the link!

To answer the question whether I use a usb soundcard: Nope, I'm using a pcmcia card. Switched from a USB Soundblaster 2 NX (HELL TERROR HELL) to this. Reason I did this is because of the freezing of decks, but this was because of an overload of the CPU. The freezing and Traktor fails I now experience are suddenly without a clear lead.

About the USB problem you talked about: Mine are just working fine, don't have to use a powered HUB.

I'm going to check out the link, maybe I'll find some things to try out.

A long shot, but, have you tried re-installing traktor?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --