after 24 years Im back on an apple - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    cool

few things, which you may need to be prepared for:
    1. The Xone 1D may have issues - it's a USB1, and the latest Core iX chipsets are known to cause issues with USB1. Mac & OS X is not an exclusion from this.
    2. Mac hardware is nothing more than your legal way of running OS X. the hardware is decent, but not much more than that. OS X is what you will (eventually) benefit from.
    3. OS X is (almost) a freeBSD underneath. It usually "just works", but if doesn't it's fixable. a techie like you should find his way around

Great choice on the specs! Wish you a very pleasant experience with it (as we all have with our macbooks).

thanks.. im looking forward to turning that glowing apple to some text
    PC LOL
    Mabey the xone 1d will have to be retired.. Ive recently gotten some APCs.. the 20 and 40 and am happy with the footprint they provide.. I really like the xone 1d and 2d together.. had alot of fun with this.... but mabey its time to move on and later get something like the xone DB4 which I preordered... but think I will wait till i get to australia so I dont have to lug it around with me.. and need to save money for the 4000$ it will cost me to bring my 2 dogs with me to australia.. they are hardcore strict down under

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    15'' i7 2.66 8gb ram 256 ssd
    very nice! Sell me your SL3!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperjones View Post
    congratz you're now officially a fool. take comfort in the fact that, now, steve loves you. (he just loves parting fools from their money.)
    Lets play nice.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Congrats. Macs are just better.

I'll quit using a computer for music before I'll go back to Windows. Seriously. Nothing Ableton or Traktor can do for DJing and nothing that Pro Tools or anything else can do for recording or production is worth me using that hideous abortion of a software environment. I can burn CDs on Linux, and that's all I do if it came down to it.
    Last edited by mostapha; 12-10-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: I'm really not kidding.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

congratz you're now officially a fool. take comfort in the fact that, now, steve loves you. (he just loves parting fools from their money.)
    Another pointless post from Jasperjones. When will you ever learn.

If you havent got anything constructive to say why dont you just go and do your homework.

Jackass.

*sorry mods but its not the first time hes been a douche for NO reason*

EDIT: this was my first post

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Another pointless post from Jasperjones.
    Well, re-read the OP. The OP is basically trolling. Here, I even quote if for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    but then came the moment where I wanted my audio stuff to just work with no hassle.. on windows XP it wasnt so bad... but the latest hardware is not meant for XP... then VISTA gave me PC AIDS and ever since I have been hating pc more and more... and now after all this time.... Ive ordered a macbook pro and I really hope its as great as everyone here on the forum makes it out to be... Ive been researching and 99 out of 100 people seem to never have issues that are not caused by their own doing...
    Since OP was opening up the never-ending "Mac vs PC" flame by posting nonsense, I think it's fine for me to reply with nonsense/trolling.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Meh... I dont think calling some a "fool" helps at all dude.

Saying Apple sucks is one thing but calling someone a fool just cus they buy a Mac is stupid.

I got my newest Mac yesterday. Ive got 5 now.

Guess im 5 times the fool that djfrogstar is.
    (i fully expect the answer to that to be yes. How clever).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Lets play nice.
    Essentially I have the same reply for you as for Karlos. OP is starting the usual "Mac vs. PC" flame without bringing any new arguments to the table. In fact, one could argue he's not bringing *any* arguments to the table: "PC AIDS" and "research" (lol) about "99 out of 100 users" isn't exactly scientific.

As replies, he gets some from the usual fanbois on this forum. If the fanbois post their usual fanboyish "congratz" why can't I post my haterish "Apple sucks?"

It's a flame, there's no logical discussion going on anyway... So I hope we're all cool

Essentially I have the same reply for you as for Karlos. OP is starting the usual "Mac vs. PC" flame without bringing any new arguments to the table. In fact, one could argue he's not bringing *any* arguments to the table: "PC AIDS" and "research" (lol) about "99 out of 100 users" isn't exactly scientific.

As replies, he gets some from the usual fanbois on this forum. If the fanbois post their usual fanboyish "congratz" why can't I post my haterish "Apple sucks?"

It's a flame, there's no logical discussion going on anyway... So I hope we're all cool
    Do you fight everyone who looks at you on the street too?

The OP is entitled to his opinion on hardware and software as are you however your opinions crossed the line into personal insults.

Also, saying that flaming is an appropriate response to positive congratulatory posts is ridiculous.

For the record I've always been a PC man but I can see clear pros and cons to both platforms.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Threefeet View Post
    Do you fight everyone who looks at you on the street too?
    ofc not.

The OP is entitled to his opinion on hardware and software as are you however your opinions crossed the line into personal insults.
    k, i shouldn't have called OP a fool. sorry.

Also, saying that flaming is an appropriate response to positive congratulatory posts is ridiculous.
    that is ridic indeed, and i would never do that.

i really can only repeat myself in slightly different words: "mac vs pc" has been discussed a million times. i conjecture OP is entirely happy to see this thread being sh**ty. by referring to "PC AIDS" and by making clear that he is "hating PCs more and more," he started a flame as opposed to encouraging a matter-of-factly discussion. and, btw, why should i need to defend myself for trolling in a thread made by a troll?
    Last edited by jasperjones; 12-10-2010 at 07:55 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's a simple solution to this folks. Click on the user CP link above, then click on edit ignore list. Type jasperjones in the appropriate area and hit okay.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast