Is Ableton Warping supposed to be this tedious??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Some tracks just take time. Sometimes I will warp 100 tracks or more in one sitting. I fell like I got pretty quick at it. Wake up on a weekend morning, make some coffee and warp new tracks for about 2 hours.

Tech Convert

Do not warp everything in an unquantised song. You will lose all the feeling and the magic and your mixes will come out sounding like henrik schwarz. just warp in the sections you want to mix.

Tech Guru

some good pointers for speeding up the workflow in this thread, right on right on. much appreciating for the cats who dropped proper knowledge.

i will try using less warp markers in places that i can get away with it, but like i said i only bother warping tracks that have constant shifting tempo, tricky rhythm changes or overly loose/humanized rhythm so unfortunately it's not an option of say just throwing one warp marker in every 16 measures or whatever - otherwise i'd just mix those songs in traktor with manual beatmatching.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 12-11-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Tech Mentor

we all have a different way i suppose mate.the reason i put the markers every min or so at the start is because then your only changing between those rather than from the marker till the end of the track,then when i feel i need to i delete whatever min marker(sometimes 2) i put in and carry on.

you probably know this but the further away you can get between markers the less your gonna hear of the timestretch.i sometimes would rather a rap-like vocal slightly drift but sound like it should.thats what i like about warping aswell because its you can add the quirks that no-one else will.

it works for me but could be a slow way compared to others.im fairly new to it myself so any advice will be appreciated

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234