Is Ableton Warping supposed to be this tedious???
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Is Ableton Warping supposed to be this tedious???

alright so i've been working with lots of old analog tunes lately, warping them so they're quantized in ableton and it's such a chore....

i wonder is there any tricks to speed up this process? as it is i'm basically just plotting in each warp marker one at a time on every bassdrum and snare hit and it takes a ridiculous amount of time.

am i missing something or what?

thanks.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 12-09-2010 at 08:11 PM.

I start with the 1st real kick drum of the song and set the warp to complex pro, right click from the 1st warp mark and warp from here. and make sure its lines up good. One song that took me hours to warp was Joy Division Love Will Tear Us Apart. it was everywhere.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

okay i'll try that thanks man..... yeah so far each song has been hours long ordeals.... like soul crushing "i never want to hear this song again" type shit lol.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

well, depends on the tune. i try to keep markers to a minimum.

Tech Guru

^^i only bother warping old analog recordings that are near impossible to mix in traktor without warping in ableton first... classic rock/pop, old r&b etc. you know ones with fluctuating tempos and weird rhythm shifts...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Can you just warp sections like you would have a section that you might be mixing in to or out of do you have to warp the whole song?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

sometimes that's the case but i like to warp the entire song so i have the option of say laying a heavier beat underneath for the duration of the song to give it more oomph, or to make 3&4 deck mixing a bit more doable.

Tech Guru

it'd be really cool if Ean or one of the regular writers did an article on tips & tricks about how to warp these types of trouble tunes the easy way (if there is one).... there's gotta be a way... there's gotta be!!!

Tech Guru

AFAIK, there's nothing you're missing. Some tracks are just really troublesome. I run into this issue where Ableton will take a big long section and lay the markers a little too far ahead of or behind the beat, even though another section is spot on. I don't know of a way to make it take "a closer look" at just one section, but maybe someone else has a secret technique...
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Every online tutorial Ive seen is always using the simplest 1 click wonder..
    for me its ear fatigue. The only solution Ive found with pain the ass tracks is to break the track up into parts and only sync the parts I can use.. but this is not the way..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast