cdj900 ... other ways to do cues?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default cdj900 ... other ways to do cues?

so i just put down 1000 on cdj 900's . i want the 2000's but its a bit out of my pricerange. i realized though that the 900 doesn't have hot cues , which up to know has been a vital part of my mixing. is it possible to do this at all on the 900 or am i better off going with a 1000mk3. i am just a little worried now. i will be using the 900's with serato or traktor starting in january. does the hid allow me to do use the serato cue's at all ? any tips are greatly appreciated. maybe i'd be best with one 900 and one 2000. hmm sorry for all these posts lately i am just trying to get a setup i am happy with .

Thanks

Ian

just buy a Native Instruments Kontrol X1 to accompany it, and it can handle all the hotcues, and loops and FX. It's really good for browsing your library and seeking through songs also. I have one, and I love it. It's the one thing I probably couldn't live without now.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I am talking bout without traktor don't wanna use anx1

Tech Mentor

If you mix with CDs you wont have any cues on the 900s as you noted and having one 2000 would suck as well becasue you'd only have cues on one deck - making it very awkward imo

if you want to mix over HID with traktor just get the X1, you'll get so much more control over your decks...

Tech Wizard

What about using the Denon HC1000 controller for cues. It integrates pretty well with Serato, and should control just about everything your CDJ's won't.
    DVS setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DPDJ-101, Numark DXM06, Novation Dicer, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 8DJ
    Controller setup: Traktor Scratch Pro, 2 X Denon DN-SC2000, Denon DN120X, Compaq Presario F750CA, Audio 2DJ,

I have both the 900s and the 2000s...

The cue point thing on both kinda sux. The cue points on the 2000s span across your library. So, it's really weird, you press a cue point and you'll jump to a whole different track.

I don't even use them anymore.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

so your saying i don't really need the hot cue's? what about the brake speed? those are the 2 things i am worried about and also the waveform is pretty bad on it compared to the 850 and the 1000 and 2000. is the 900 waveform pretty usable?

wait on the 900 with cd's you cant even use the main cue button? that doesn't make sense

you can use the cue button. You just don't get hot cues, which are various cues you can setup throughout a song. Even if you wanted to use the hot cues on the cdj 2000, B33SON says that they aren't really that practical to use.

edit: you could always use a sampler and insert samples like hot cues if that's what you wanted to do.
    Last edited by bmo; 12-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

can i do this same thing with hotcues without an x1 if i use a midi fighter instead?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast