Is it wrong to steal music u have already bought? - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family.
    lol
    Volar
    Follow on social media;
    Soundcloud
    Facebook
    Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    This a bit of a bad analogy though, yes you are correct it is wrong, but each lambo that they make would cost money for parts, time to put it together etc etc. This is not the case with music. If someone has taken the time to make the song and then it has been put to market and the OP has bought it then fair enough, job and process complete. It's not like then if the OP wants the copy from a torrent etc after having bought it, ie becuase he bought it on vinyl, that the artist then has to make the song from scratch again? I'm not saying that this will always be the case because obviously you will get the people downloading who HAVEN'T bought it in the first place but just saying.
    I was saying if someone has a physical copy and they rip it themselves to a digital form for their own personal use I see nothing morally wrong with doing that. If they want to obtain a digital copy of the same music from another source (Ultimately coming from the Artist remaking the music subject to job and process, than I would agree, they should purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Again ... go and read about excludable goods. By owning a physical product, you are denying someone else the opportunity to own your copy. Digital files of any description aren't the same thing.
    I again will reiterate that if you rip from a physical copy you own I see nothing morally wrong with that. DJ'ing as a whole is manipulation of others' music. changing the form the music you own is in should just be thought of as a part of the process.

Interesting concept of excludability. By someone creating a Digital copy for themselves I understand that as soon as something becomes digital it is possible for it to be infinitly copied but one does not have to copy and share this with other. Making their digital copy still exclusive by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by EdanUK View Post
    I think I have created a monster....
    Yes you have. And this is my last post feeding the monster.
    Setup: Studio XPS 1640 | VCI-100 SE | LPD8 | Traktor Pro | KRK Rokit Powered 6 G2 SE (Red)

Quote Originally Posted by svensat View Post

Interesting concept of excludability. By someone creating a Digital copy for themselves I understand that as soon as something becomes digital it is possible for it to be infinitly copied but one does not have to copy and share this with other. Making their digital copy still exclusive by choice.

Excludability is an economic concept that determines how markets function. It's not a matter of choice, and requesting/requiring that people choose to make agalmic goods excludable is ... naive. Also very destructive, if you could enforce it, which you can't.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819