Traveling with equipment

Default Traveling with equipment

Has anyone ever encountered confusion on their equipment when flying overseas?

Just the way I have all my cables snaked together with 16 different TRS ends and packed in my bag with other stuff... has a certain look to a bomb or something crazy to interfere with the airplane. I mean the average person looking at this somewhere other than a airport will not even thing about it.
    but like when Im in line taking my laptop out or whatever,,, the controllers with the buttons and knobs and stuff... Has anyone encountered paranoia from other people.. or people check through the bags.

or am I just being paranoid??

Tech Guru

ur being paranoid. most airports have 'intelligent' xray machines which display the densities of whats packed, so aslong as theres no explosives in ur bag you'll be grand.

even if they do ask you to open it, whats the big deal?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

http://lilysussman.wordpress.com/200...ome-to-israel/

like what chris says but israeli security forces have different views on suspicious items.... they dont take chances...

I flew with this thing before:

and they most definitely made me take it out of the bag and explain haha

Tech Guru

I travel regularly with equipment. They make me take my laptop out and dust it for drug use but other then that I haven't experienced any problems. I flew to australia and my hand luggage was literally just records, like 50 of em. It showed up as a big black circle on the x-ray and there was definite confusion there. when they saw they were just records they made me take em all out and go through each of them incase I was trying to hide drugs in between em or some shit. On the whole though you'll be ok. If what you are carrying is totally innocent the most they'll do is make you get it out and explain what it is.

I can't wait to fly to Miami with my custom built controller. I'm fairly sure they're going to make me take it out. That, plus my new "4th Amendment" wear(http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment) should really piss off TSA.

Thanks for comments.. I will just remove or cover up some of the stickers which have arabic writing.

those metal ink underpants are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by djfrogstar View Post
    Thanks for comments.. I will just remove or cover up some of the stickers which have arabic writing.
    Probably a brilliant idea !

hey mate same here when i came to madrid i had all my cables sound card in my djbackpack and it looked like a bloody bomb but they aint stupid so its all good+just label things

Tech Student

I assume carrying on CDJ 2000 would be ok ?