So ALL my grids are a Tad off
    Tech Guru

Default So ALL my grids are a Tad off

OK so recently I got platinum notes and ran the majority of my library thru it. Platinum notes for those that do not know normalizes tracks, it adjusts volumes, gain, etc. on all your tracks and creates a new track. So I cleared out my collection and imported about 4,000 newly processed tracks. For some reason the strip on the bottom did not do a full analyze on the tracks....just very fast scrolling of names.

So now when I load tracks 9 out of 10 of them the grid is a tad off. About 1/8 of inch of the down beat. If I re-analyze sometimes it fixes them, sometimes it's the same. However, the BPM's are all correct.

I end up just dropping a new grid marker each time a load a song and since the BPM is correct the grid is set in a matter of seconds.

Still wondering though why the vast majority of my grids are now off?? It's a quick fix, but gets annoying.

Also I haven't checked if TSP grids them the same now too.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

when it processes ur tracks, it might add a few milliseconds of silence to the start which would explain it
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    when it processes ur tracks, it might add a few milliseconds of silence to the start which would explain it
    Sounds like a pretty good guess to me. Is there something in preferences to tell it not to do this?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

god knows, i used mixed in key, but never saw the point in platinum notes, i know how to use the gain/trim knob on my mixer
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Wizard

This is just something that happens when you use Platinum Notes on tracks after they've been imported and analyzed in Traktor/Serato, and can't be disabled. As a general work flow and recommendation to avoid this, here's how I'd recommend to do things...

get tracks --> run through PN --> run through MIK (if you use it) --> import and analyze in SSL/Traktor
    Last edited by Konix; 12-12-2010 at 02:41 PM.