Transitions and mixes in general are 'boring' - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    adding vocal samples, dropping acapella's and playing them around build ups and drops of songs, then re introducing the "hook" later in the mix. I'll tease the intro beat of a song that I'm going to play 3 songs later, and then sample it again 2-3 songs later.

+1

Tech Mentor

I only use 2 decks so it's hard to incorporate samples.

Tech Guru

you're going to be hard pressed to find ways of making more interesting mixes if you are afraid of attempting challenging techniques like 3 & 4 deck mixing.

you are on traktor right?

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilliams View Post
    Because it's very hard and time consuming, I'm not in a good way at the moment so plucking up the motivation/inspiration to do some mixing is something itself.

EDIT: I know that sounds really bad but whenever I attempt a mix I just put myself down and think that it's really crap so then I can't be bothered.
    After I record a mix....and listen to it immediately...i also think....damn....i did a shitty job.

Then i listen to it the next day...fresh....and i am usually surprised.
    It is better than i thought!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I also find that if I have laid out my CUE's correctly....I can easily tease and re arrange the track coming in. Make it your own!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"

Stimulants! I will normally make huge cup of expresso... and chug it... a few minutes later I click into the leaning forward mode and start bouncing. At this point I feel the same tension i may feel when Im in a club. Having a friend who is there when you mix can be a bonus because you have a bit more pressure to not screw around.

Yeah....having a mate there is cool....but i feel bad for em after i have not spoken to them for 45mins....

I always think they must be FUCKING bored....while i am having a WHALE of a time.

If you're getting bored with blending tracks end to end you have clearly not explored fist pumping and Jesus posing yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12