Moving cue points in software?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Moving cue points in software?

Lots of times when I setting cue points / loops in Traktor, I will do them out of order, so that I might find the loop I want for the mix out point and set it as Cue 2, then the intro and set it as Cue 3. For consistency, I set up all my cues / loops sequentially. So when this happens, I have to delete the loop set for Cue 2, resave Cue 3's loop as Cue 2, delete Cue 3, then find and resave Cue the outro as Cue 3.

It's a pain in the ass.

Is there any way to just tell Traktor "Hey, make this one number 2, that one number 3, etc."? I haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I do it the way you do it. Don't think there is any other way.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Gah, damn it!

So lame I can't just click and drag it over. Need to fix this in the software. Bastards!

I agree with you, guys
    this is definitely one thing missing from the software
    or if at least there was an option to sort cue points in chronological order like in serato
    2 + 2 = 4

Eh, I'm able to see the Cue Number from the screen, so it's doesn't apply too much to me. But I could see a need for this in some instances.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You can use the MAP function to move cue points.

If the 2nd point is on no3 and the 3rd point is on no2 then MAP 3 to 4 then 2 to 3 then remap 4 to 2.

That puts all cue points in sequential order.

Tech Wizard

Where / how is MAP function accessed?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Click on the Cue Point Number button you wish to move. Press MAP (under the STORE button).
    Then click the Cue Point Number button you want to store it on.
    The cue point/loop/load marker is moved & stored, no need to delete and redo.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Click on the Cue Point Number button you wish to move. Press MAP (under the STORE button).
    Then click the Cue Point Number button you want to store it on.
    The cue point/loop/load marker is moved & stored, no need to delete and redo.
    Thanks, Karlos! That's great information. I had no idea you could do that

That said, I don't think that's exactly what people are looking for... When you use the 'map' function as you described, yes, it moves the selected cue point or loop to another number and yes, it even keeps the old cue point or loop that used to be assigned to that number (which is certainly nice). However, it still requires the user to re-assign that "old" cue point or loop to a new number manually.

What people want is the ability to "swap" already assigned cue points or loops around without losing anything. For example, click on #4 and drag it over #2. As a result, cue point/loop being dragged becomes #2 and what used to be #2 becomes #4 with no need to re-select or re-assign anything. Basically, just re-arrange the numbers
    2 + 2 = 4

It takes an extra step, but that's the only way to do it. If you have all 8 cue points stored, you can drop another cue anywhere, by clicking store. That cue point will not have a number. You then can use it to move your cue points around with out having to erase and remap one. Then erase when done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast