Hiring Big Acts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Big Acts

Default Hiring Big Acts

Hey Crew!
    So I want to start bringing big names into my town. My promotion company has developed a pretty large name for ourselves, but locally the only shows that ever get put on are country and our own parties.

We've got a stadium of about 6000, and it gets a few hundred people every month for a hockey game... It's begging to be filled with some big names.

I've worked with people who brought bands in before, but I'm not sure how to bid on them for shows etc.

If anyone has experience in this sort of dealings, any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

There's an editorial on this on the main page, I think
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Contact their agents. These can be found on most artists' bios on soundcloud, facebook, or myspace. Approach them with an "All in" budget in mind; meaning this is to cover session rate, hotel, and travel. Chances are, they'll want you to handle the hotel and transport to and from the venue to the hotel, but sometimes they'll handle it.
    facebook.com/fkdmusic
    soundcloud.com/fkdmusic
    lethaltalent.com

Tribal Rites feat Kate Lesing on Soundcloud.

Without getting into the logistics of party planning, all you have to do is contact the artists booking agent. If they are available to play, they will send you a performance agreement and after you have read it you can hash out a deal.

if you're trying to do this on the regular, you'll probably want to start getting on mailing lists for agencies. i know a big one that's based where i'm at will send out a list every season for who is availble for touring and when. i'm not sure if every agency will but the good ones should.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

I was thinking about http://amonly.com/
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Wow, thanks guys!
    Amonly.com is exactly the kind of site I've been looking for!

I have brought in shows before, and we have always covered their hotels/food etc. so that is no surprise.

I was contacted last night, and have been told that Tiesto is coming to our town. It will be funny to see how many people in our town even know who he is!

I plan on trying to hire Lmfao, Drake, Kesha etc (top40) simply to start the trend of big shows in our town. If Tiesto is here, I'm sure it will be much simpler to get other big names in.

Are their any other agencies like amonly that have websites with tour dates and so on that you guys know of?
    Thanks!

Hey after some heavy searching I found another agency,
    http://moodswing360.com/

They've got some big name artists as well.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

btw.Where do you come from James?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

my only advice... is never Hire Goldie to play at your party unless you have alot of cocaine ready the moment he lands from his first class ticket that better not be in his unlucky number which changes from day to day.

also be prepared to deal with introverts which is a mission in itself. Like spending 3 hours at a dinner table with mixmaster morris going on about 150 different topics per hour.
    Ive just found that once you invest in a big act, you really need someone to buffer yourself and the act so you can focus on the getting the party ready instead of keeping the talent happy. Worst case scenario is hosting a Warp records party or Rephlex records party. More introverts that have their own multilayered insanity mix to deal with.
    Last minute changes coming from big artists is something to be prepared for if your contract is not clear. The most extreme last minute thing I can think of is when Richard D james switched where he wanted to perform. We spent all week contructing a big stage and focusing all the visuals and lights on the stage, and suddenly he wanted to just blend in the crowd and hide behind a couch and do his set on a laptop. The crowd thought our VJ was the one making the music

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast