7" Traktor Timecode Vinyl

Default 7" Traktor Timecode Vinyl

Do these really exist? I was certain they were supplied with the A8 & TSP at the launch ... but i can't honestly remember.

Are they available anywhere?

I have plenty of 12" TCV's .... but i really would like a set of 7" TCV's.

If they are not available, has anyone ever had a "carver" or "dubplate" cut with TCV ? if you have whats required (i know how to get them done, just not should be on them)

TIA
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah they do exist.
    Old photo here:

They were produced to be bundled with the Korg zero4 and zero8 mixers.
    One 7" was included in the box so that people could Demo Traktor Scratch.

Many people have asked for them to be made available in the Shop but NI just dont seem interested.

They are cool but they dont track particularly well (bit like real 7"singles).

I see a few go on eBay now and again. There must be a load of these unused in peoples houses who bought the Korgs with no intention of using Traktor.

Karlos thanks, i knew i'd seen them ....

Yeah i asked NI sometime ago, but i just got a "dunno" from support ..

I don't need them for scratching or doing crazy stuff, it's just that play rare 45's (some of which cost several thousand dollars), and in many venues they won't even let me on with digital ... i thought i might be able to fool some of them .... 'cos i hate taking them out thesedays with all the toerags around.

My mrs was almost robbed after Fridays gig, so i know one day it will be me, and as many of these 45's are unique, i'd rather keep them at home.

So ... who's going to sell me theirs ?
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables

Yeah mate its pretty cool when i play some old funk and soul stuff that i used to play on the 45s. for that reason they are really good.

Let me ask if i can get some more info. To be honest anything that isnt actually urgent is getting much attention at the moment but i can try.

You need to get on the Korg forum and ask people on there. Im a member, ill have a look.

cheers, i'll keep looking for them now that i know they really do exist

on the topic of cutting your own custom timecode vinyls, i've heard it's possible and there are some people (the ones i heard were local though) that do it.

theoretically if you just recorded the entire raw signal from a timecode record, took it to someone who cuts dubplates, you could give them the audio file to cut the vinyl with.

i'm not sure how legal that is, but i would guess it's on the same level as burning backups of your xbox games/dvds lol.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

the timecode is copyrighted so its illegal to cut the NI timecode to vinyl.
    Strange, cus the wavs are available to download and burn but, NI have stated explicitly that making TCV is illegal and that a licence has to be sought.

I suppose if its for personal use and not resale then it is exactly like burning more timecode CDs. No harm done.

Cant see NI chasing someone for it unless they start to take the piss and makes sales and shit.