"a message to all the wanna be Djs" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

it's kinda funny, but it really doesn't show anything since most of the equipment he listed such as vinyl, lifting crates of vinyl, and turntables. I've never used, but I do know how to beat match with CDs and Midi. Just seems like another vinyl purist hating on the technological DJs.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    Please elaborate
    indeed. that post looked like backwards talk.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    it's kinda funny, but it really doesn't show anything since most of the equipment he listed such as vinyl, lifting crates of vinyl, and turntables. I've never used, but I do know how to beat match with CDs and Midi. Just seems like another vinyl purist hating on the technological DJs.
    i think its more getting at the 'djs' out there who have downloaded their entire music collection illegally, downloaded their software illegally, have no idea how to use a mixer, or beat match. they dont have any controllers and rely on their laptops built in soundcard etc...

ive came across guys who have done just that, and have tried to under cut other dj's who pay for their music (i spend £45 a month with cdpool, plus another £20-30 between beatport, djdownload and mastermixdigital)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    i think its more getting at the 'djs' out there who have downloaded their entire music collection illegally, downloaded their software illegally, have no idea how to use a mixer, or beat match. they dont have any controllers and rely on their laptops built in soundcard etc...

ive came across guys who have done just that, and have tried to under cut other dj's who pay for their music (i spend £45 a month with cdpool, plus another £20-30 between beatport, djdownload and mastermixdigital)
    It's not what you have it's how you use it.

Tech Guru

DeviantDigi=no bitches

DJDeviantDigi=Mo' bitches

Its so simple I didn't see it before, duh. Now all I have to do is buy Serato and maybe one on those mixing things.

There was some local schmuck DJ who opened for me about 3 weeks ago at a party I was headlining, and he was just trainwrecking literally every mix. I was getting worried wondering if somethig was wrong with the equipment. I normally use a A&H Xone 92 mixer, but the promoter had trouble getting one in time and I agreed to use the DJM800, which i despise very much, but I know the promoter and I agreed to use the 800... anyhow I went into the booth to ask the DJ if there was a problem with the mixer because he kept putting his hands in the air like something was wrong with the equipment. So I asked him if there was a problem with the mixer and he said "no, everything is fine." Also the sound in the place was really bad, but everything was ok when i did sound check hours earlier. So there was actually another DJ who was on before me, he is a very good DJ and Producer as well and I requested him to be on before me, so when he goes on everything is fine! The sound was perfect and there were no issues with the equipment...

So later one of the other guys has the nerve to say that it wasn't this opener's fault that he kept on trainwrecking. I asked what was wrong and the guy told me that he is only used to DJing on Serato, and he wasn't able to set up his computer for some reason. That to me is bullshit. I haven't DJ'd out on vinyl for like 3-4 years, but every once in a while I go over a friends house or something and mess around with vinyl, and the same with CDs. If the guy can't DJ on cd players then its time to step down and just let someone else on, you don't sit and throw sneakers in the dryer for like every single mix. He should have been embarrassed, but don't worry, he had some douche bag friend sitting next to him hi fiving him and fist pumping to every track!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post

So later one of the other guys has the nerve to say that it wasn't this opener's fault that he kept on trainwrecking. I asked what was wrong and the guy told me that he is only used to DJing on Serato, and he wasn't able to set up his computer for some reason. That to me is bullshit.
    did u call him a complete idiot and call him out?

if not, you let a "dj" walk away thinking his excuse was valid.

Every time we let one walk away, god raises the price of the leftover technics 1200. just saying....
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

There was some local schmuck DJ who opened for me about 3 weeks ago at a party I was headlining, and he was just trainwrecking literally every mix. I was getting worried wondering if somethig was wrong with the equipment. I normally use a A&H Xone 92 mixer, but the promoter had trouble getting one in time and I agreed to use the DJM800, which i despise very much, but I know the promoter and I agreed to use the 800... anyhow I went into the booth to ask the DJ if there was a problem with the mixer because he kept putting his hands in the air like something was wrong with the equipment. So I asked him if there was a problem with the mixer and he said "no, everything is fine." Also the sound in the place was really bad, but everything was ok when i did sound check hours earlier. So there was actually another DJ who was on before me, he is a very good DJ and Producer as well and I requested him to be on before me, so when he goes on everything is fine! The sound was perfect and there were no issues with the equipment...

So later one of the other guys has the nerve to say that it wasn't this opener's fault that he kept on trainwrecking. I asked what was wrong and the guy told me that he is only used to DJing on Serato, and he wasn't able to set up his computer for some reason. That to me is bullshit. I haven't DJ'd out on vinyl for like 3-4 years, but every once in a while I go over a friends house or something and mess around with vinyl, and the same with CDs. If the guy can't DJ on cd players then its time to step down and just let someone else on, you don't sit and throw sneakers in the dryer for like every single mix. He should have been embarrassed, but don't worry, he had some douche bag friend sitting next to him hi fiving him and fist pumping to every track!
    Jesus man. Less h8. Just let him know whats up next time.

Tech Guru

stories like that anger me! someone needs to put the word out to other promotors to avoid him. trouble is, some/most promotors dont give a shit, aslong as they make money
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    stories like that anger me! someone needs to put the word out to other promotors to avoid him. trouble is, some/most promotors dont give a shit, aslong as they make money
    I am pretty sure everyone knew... It was very bad!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast