"a message to all the wanna be Djs" - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Urgh, that's bad to hear man....
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Lost the number of times the ffing word was used..still fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    He should have been embarrassed, but don't worry, he had some douche bag friend sitting next to him hi fiving him and fist pumping to every track!
    I just imagined that..real laugh.

Tech Wizard

hehe, embarassing...i used to be one of those guys. but then i realized what i kept doing wrong, and put in long hard hours for weeks and months until i honed my skill to where it is now. As shameful it is to say i was one of the "djs" I am proud of my improvement. I feel bad for those who i opened for now

ps. hi djtt! I have anonymously followed along for months, now i want to talk!

Banned

Theres also the flip side of the coin to this story though. I was "booked" by a local shit bag crew and the first time I was aware I was booked Is when I saw their flyer with MY name at the top... no one even asked me they just assumed I would play (for free none the less) and slapped me on the flyer.. I was really really mad at the promoter but I manned up and agreed to what I was forced into under the condition I had my favorite timeslot, room for my Macbook and any serato box in the booth.

The gig rolls around, I show up and the promoter says "no serato, just use HIS (random guy i never met) vinyl's "its all the same if your a real DJ".... he said that shit to me. I told him to go fuck himself and "spilled" my drink. He had the nerve to argue that somehow I was an Inferior DJ because I would not DJ without serato... Despite having put 20+ hours into my set, and to take the musical experience to the next level WITH serato. And he wants me to grab 5 year old DnB out of some random kids record bag all night and deliver the same quality?? F u c k O f f
    ;

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrM View Post
    Theres also the flip side of the coin to this story though. I was "booked" by a local shit bag crew and the first time I was aware I was booked Is when I saw their flyer with MY name at the top... no one even asked me they just assumed I would play (for free none the less) and slapped me on the flyer.. I was really really mad at the promoter but I manned up and agreed to what I was forced into under the condition I had my favorite timeslot, room for my Macbook and any serato box in the booth.

The gig rolls around, I show up and the promoter says "no serato, just use HIS (random guy i never met) vinyl's "its all the same if your a real DJ".... he said that shit to me. I told him to go fuck himself and "spilled" my drink. He had the nerve to argue that somehow I was an Inferior DJ because I would not DJ without serato... Despite having put 20+ hours into my set, and to take the musical experience to the next level WITH serato. And he wants me to grab 5 year old DnB out of some random kids record bag all night and deliver the same quality?? F u c k O f f
    ;

how did this end up going? im dead curious
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

;
    You need to be ready for disaster and at least give a decent performance with an alternative setup. one of the basic things that make you "pro".

guy who tries to force you into mixing with something else when there is nothing wrong with your gear deserves to be punched in the face. who the f*** does he think he is to judge if you are more or less DJ???

;
    That really sucks, I don't know how you can be expected to play with someone else's music, that's just absurd. I would have never played the gig, if it was something I never had a contract for, or if i wasn't getting paid, cause they will think they can do it to you again! You were right for not playing! I don't understand though why you weren't allowed to use serato, or was it cause they didn't have CD Players or something?

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    Please elaborate
    indeed. that post looked like backwards talk.
    what I meant is essentially what chriswoods said here:
    Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post
    i think its more getting at the 'djs' out there who have downloaded their entire music collection illegally, downloaded their software illegally, have no idea how to use a mixer, or beat match. they dont have any controllers and rely on their laptops built in soundcard etc...

ive came across guys who have done just that, and have tried to under cut other dj's who pay for their music

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    That really sucks, I don't know how you can be expected to play with someone else's music, that's just absurd. I would have never played the gig, if it was something I never had a contract for, or if i wasn't getting paid, cause they will think they can do it to you again! You were right for not playing!
    That would have been my reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    what I meant is essentially what chriswoods said here:
    Maybe so. But, to be honest, haven't been touching vinyl for a really long time now. Close to three years is my best guess.

If someone books me, with all the shit mentioned above, I would simply not play. Not in a long shot.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast