How to dissect a track please!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to dissect a track please!?

I was wondering whats the best way, if there is even a way, to dissect a track into different parts. Like take a downloaded mp3 file or whatever and load it into some program that is able to break down the song into a separate vocal, separate bass and separate melody parts. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    I was wondering whats the best way, if there is even a way, to dissect a track into different parts. Like take a downloaded mp3 file or whatever and load it into some program that is able to break down the song into a separate vocal, separate bass and separate melody parts. Any ideas?
    You can distract certain parts by proper EQing but other than that it's not possible. There has been a lot of talk about releasing tracks in stems so that everyone can remix whatever they want. Thank god that time is not yet now, then I'd be out of work lol.

Tech Convert

No....the only way to do that is to have the original "stem parts" used in the production. there was an article on here a while back about a software that kind of did that but it wasn't too good. There's also some stuff you can do with filters and EQ settings to isolate certain parts while mixing. But dissecting a track specifically how you've inquired, no such technology exists...yet. lol

so if i wanted to throw in accapella tracks in my mix, i would have to buy accapella versions of songs? besides beatport, are there any other websites that are good for a dj to use to find music for mixing? thanks for the quick responses! I love this website!

acapellas4u.co.uk is very useful.

Tech Wizard

You need melodyne, an EQ/filter, or buy a remix pack from beatport. If you want real tips just send me a message and I'll be glad to help, learning this stuff is the hardest part of producing haha. Keep with it and you'll have a blast

Tech Mentor

You can extract vocals or instrumentals with rather good success if you have the vocal mix and the instrumental. Note that this only works if the instrumentals are identical in both tracks and they are both at the same bit rate. You can find good Youtube vids on this by searching for "extract vocals from a song". This process works by inverting your wave forms. You can also get creative with this approach as well for other sounds in the wave form as well by duplicating the sample, applying parametric EQ, inverting the EQ'd sample and canceling out some sounds that way as well.

yeah, it seems to me that its easier to just buy the few stems that are out there. the website you posted was really helpful, but u can only download 30 acapellas a month. thanks for all the quick and helpful responses guys.

Tech Student

Default Stem parts

Could someone tell me where you can find any stem parts, i'm just getting started and don't know much at all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast