My First Mix Ever... House

Default My First Mix Ever... House

This was the first mix I've ever made/recorded. It's only 33 min but I figured that's a better start than 0. It's all tunes I've been able to get off beatport (except one) and I just made this on-the-fly mix from my house folder. I've been getting criticism from friends but I want some people with well trained ears to give some input. Thanks guys!

http://soundcloud.com/b-hallowell/ve...mix-ever-house

Pendulum - The Island (Steve Angello, AN21, Max Vangeli Remix)
    Alex Kenji, Federico Scavo - Gimme Five
    Burufunk - Carbon Community Funk - Deadmau5 Remix
    Marc Houle - Bay of Figs
    Dave Spoon - At Night
    Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP - We No Speak Americano
    Milk & Sugar - Hey Nah Neh Nah (vs. Vaya Con Dios Milk Sugar & Club Mix)
    Last edited by B.Hallowell; 12-15-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added track listing.
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook

Tech Guru

So far sounds like a good start. A track listing would be nice. Your transitions need work. I would suggest try to get better at woking the EQs more. Try to make the incoming track more subtle so it feels more natural or you could do a total 180 and bring it in hard. There are any number of transitions you could try out. Try different things. Try to mess around with all the effects.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    So far sounds like a good start. A track listing would be nice. Your transitions need work. I would suggest try to get better at woking the EQs more. Try to make the incoming track more subtle so it feels more natural or you could do a total 180 and bring it in hard. There are any number of transitions you could try out. Try different things. Try to mess around with all the effects.
    Hey thanks for the comments. Yeah I need to work on my timing when I swap the bass over and just work on my overall finesse of the EQ and levels to keep the master even when mixing. I've edited the first post with the track listing. Was too nervous/excited and I forgot it! Silly me. :P

I really wanna get down the echo effect for transitions and that drumroll freeze Ean shows in the 5 basic transitions.

Keep em comin guys!
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook