[Work in progress] DJ software compilation - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

ROCKIT PRO DJ

Designed from the ground up, for the DJ that does weddings, parties and corporate events, Rockit is focused on making your job easier, and allowing you to interact with your audience.

It's designed to work the way you're used to working, and freeing you from the drudgery of looking through cases of CDs (and having to carry them too).

Easy to use controls, and is virtually completely user customizable, if you want to get fancy and tweak it. We've strived over the years, to make Rockit the most reliable tool in your DJ Toolbox, and easily manage your music and shows.

Limited Specs given:

OS Support : Windows XP / Vista / 7 (32 & 64 bit)

http://www.rockit2000.com/

Tech Guru

EpicDJ

EpicDJ is fully equipped with an extensive array of product features that includes Dual Interactive Waveform Displays for pin-point beat-matching and mixing control. Plus, EpicDJ's development platform offers superior stability and mixing performance you require for each and every performance.

Pinpoint Beat-Matching
    The Interactive Waveform displays dual frequency bands in real-time (Deck A & Deck B), enabling you to anticipate each beat and break in advance.

Drag and drop your audio tracks onto either deck, and then preview an upcoming track through headphones via a secondary audio output. When loading tracks to either deck, EpicDJ will automatically scan the media track and:

* Scan and display the Waveform for that particular track
    * Read and assign the Beat Per Minute (BPM) count
    * Change the tempo in the second deck for perfect synchronization

Quick Search. The Quick Search feature allows you to scan through thousands of media tracks in mere seconds. Browse by artist, title, album, BMP, length, year or genre for immediate mixing, or organize your tracks into savable Play-lists for future use.

Epic Performance.EpicDJ DJ Software offers a noticeably superior and stable mixing platform. Extremely low CPU usage will provide you with the peace of mind and confidence that you require for each and every performance.

# Cue, beat-match with no latency
    # Real-time dynamic BMP detection
    # Interactive Waveform Display
    # Precise playback control: play, pause, position, speed (pitch), pitch bend
    # 0.001% exact pitch control with range up to +-100%
    # 1-millisecond track positioning
    # Ease of use. Simple and intuitive design.
    # Instant looping
    # Dual audio playback in two independent decks
    # Dual audio outputs for using an external audio mixer
    # Built-in emulated audio mixer with full PFL capabilities
    # Real-time BPM counter
    # Controlable with keyboard, joystick, and the most popular hardware controllers: Hercules DJ Consoles (MP3, MKII & MKII), Visiosonic DAC-2
    # Playlist editor with auto-mix and auto-fade capability
    # Song database with search function
    # Up to 26 CUE points per track
    # Compatible with any third-party music organizer software
    # True emulation of Denon or Numark-like CD players
    # Proven fail-safe design
    # DRM-Enabled for Windows Media
    # Mix Now! function for mixing current track with next one at any time
    # Fully customizable auto mix volumes (fade-in, fade-out)
    # Set can be adjusted and changed on-the-fly, i.e. answering to people's requests.

Specs:
    * Windows 7 / Vista / Windows XP
    * 1.6 Ghz or higher CPU
    * 1Gb RAM (recommended)
    * Two soundcards
    (one for headphone preview)

http://www.epicdjsoftware.com/

Tech Guru

Disco XT

Disco XT is a DJ Software for creating a continuous stream of music from several music songs. Songs are transitioned gradually from one to another to make song changes less noticeable. Disco XT is designed for real time live use and includes plenty of controlling options for mixing. Disco XT has versatile music library browsing and playlist editing capabilities.

Specs:

For Mac OS X

We are working on having the new 6.0 version of Disco XT available for Windows. it is under testing and will be available soon.

You can still download the demo of the previous version of Disco XT for Windows.
    5.5.7 from 2009.

http://www.discoxt.com/

Tech Guru

Yeeeeesh!
    Welp, I think that about does it for DJ software. Hope this helped some of you with your decisions. Feel free to suggest any other software I may have missed, preferably something note worthy. I would be glad to add to the list.

Oh btw, I want to thank you guys for not posting while I was compiling, much appreciated.

Cheers!
    -Digi
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-15-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Somehow you only covered Traktor Scratch Duo and Traktor Scratch Pro... but not Traktor Pro... could just be from what I saw in the pictures, I glanced over the text.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

i think the earlier versions of Traktor are worth including too as they're somewhat different animals than Pro and some people even prefer them to it...

i'm of the dying breed of Traktor 3 users, i seem to remember one of the other regulars said they're still on it too - may have been JesC ???

Tech Guru

Good job mate, didn't know half of these existed.

I use Traktor Pro, but Mixxx grabs me since it's free and supports timecode, might get it when the next update is out and practice on it a little incase i ever need to use timecode at a gig.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i think the earlier versions of Traktor are worth including too as they're somewhat different animals than Pro and some people even prefer them to it...

i'm of the dying breed of Traktor 3 users, i seem to remember one of the other regulars said they're still on it too - may have been JesC ???
    Yup i still use T3 at home. Im using TSP for gigs right now, but Im switching over to Mixvibes.

I can sum up the DJ software for you.

Serato (SSL & Itch), Traktor (Pro/Duo + Scratch), Virtual DJ, Mixxx, Mixvibes and Ableton. If I missed anything well (IMO) they are knock off's of these current major players I just listed.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

I was seriously going to post:

"Wow you are putting a lot of work into posting these in succession. Anyone that would post before you are done would be such a combo breaker. Nice job though!"

Then I realized what I would have done if I posted that.
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Thanks and no problem
    I was trying to go for the more recent version of the program. I don't see NI offering Traktor 3 (DJ Studio) anymore. Are we talking about LE? Idk.

And thanks again for not C-c-c-c-coOombooo breaking my posts.

*edit LE was added
    Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-15-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast