Gemini PT-2100
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gemini PT-2100

Default Gemini PT-2100

Hey, I saw these for sale the other day and was trying to look up some info but the net is very limited. to me they look like relabeled Technics SL-1200. however I dont know shit about shit so if anyone has any personal experience about them or even what you heard please let me know.

Last edited by wunderman4; 12-16-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

No one has heard anything about these? added a picture also
    Setup - DJM-900Nexus, Kontrol F1, Kontrol x1 MK2, Lenovo Yoga 11s i7 8gig ram, 256 SSD.

if your getting the pair for $50 do it. If not, just save some cash for some used 1200's
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    if your getting the pair for $50 do it. If not, just save some cash for some used 1200's
    edit

Ived used them in the past. Most the tables were setup at record stores to listen to vinyl. I see them as home use only turntable with a pitch fader.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    edit

Ived used them in the past. Most the tables were setup at record stores to listen to vinyl. I see them as home use only turntable with a pitch fader.
    have you seen them break or anything? they are direct drive and seem solid, not to mention cheap. and they have to be better than my shitty ass setup.

My first ever deck, bought (or swapped should I say) with Mr Oh My Daze from here 6 years ago now.

It's ok if you have no access to anything else, when I got mine 1210s were a good £300 each and I got these for a lot cheaper!

If you can learn to beatmatch on these then it would stand you in good stead for any other deck be it CDJ or even digitally if the need arose.

However, if you can get 1210s, get them and forget the Gemini. In all honesty, I'd forget turntabnles altogether, if you aren't going digital, go to CDJ, vinyl really is dead and even with CDJs you need to learn to beatmatch, so if that's the skill you arte after, it's there to be learnt.

to add:

Quality wise they are great, solid units, get decent neddles and you will be ok. The torque isn't as good as 1210s, obviously, but it's not bad at all, massively better than Numark TTs (low end models) but not up there with the strantons etc. A great deck to learn on but after a while you will want to swap them out for better.
    Last edited by ponyboy; 12-17-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    Tony the Pony.
    My soundcloud page. House, mainly.

Mixcloud & Website coming soon.

It's all about the torque value of the deck which is how well they will stay at a constant speed no matter what you throw at them. Scratching, spinning the pin to speed up or slowing down for beat matching etc.

Taken from Wikipedia:
    "Technics 1200
    High torque (1.5 kgf·cm or 0.15 N·m), which means the platter will spin at the desired speed almost immediately (0.7 s to reach 33 ¹⁄₃ RPM from standstill), and will very rapidly reacquire the desired speed, without "overshooting", if the platter is dragged or nudged. This aids beatmatching."

If you can find anywhere the value for the gemini's you will have a comparison?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyoog View Post
    It's all about the torque value of the deck which is how well they will stay at a constant speed no matter what you throw at them. Scratching, spinning the pin to speed up or slowing down for beat matching etc.

Taken from Wikipedia:
    "Technics 1200
    High torque (1.5 kgf·cm or 0.15 N·m), which means the platter will spin at the desired speed almost immediately (0.7 s to reach 33 ¹⁄₃ RPM from standstill), and will very rapidly reacquire the desired speed, without "overshooting", if the platter is dragged or nudged. This aids beatmatching."

If you can find anywhere the value for the gemini's you will have a comparison?
    The torque in the PT2100 doesn't match that of the technics 1210 or the top end stantons or vestaxs but it is a very good deck in it's price range with an admirable torque that is quite surprising.
    Tony the Pony.

Thanks for all the input guys, i picked them up they were really cheap so im not to worried about them. The tables I had before were some dj in a box crap that I got for free they were really bad. Im not doing to much scratching so what evers clever right.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderman4 View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys, i picked them up they were really cheap so im not to worried about them. The tables I had before were some dj in a box crap that I got for free they were really bad. Im not doing to much scratching so what evers clever right.
    DJ in a box - Nomark TT 1650s or something....utter sh*te. The Geminis will be 100 times better. Good work.
    Tony the Pony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast