i know you're going to hate me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default i know you're going to hate me

but i need a pair of in ear headphones

but WAIT! i already searched the forums and came up with nothing

i need them to be sub $20 (im not mixing with them, its for my ipod) it seems like all the pairs ive gotten like to stop working suddenly

good on ear (not over ear) headphones for sub $50 would be alright too.

if nothing comes up ill wait till after christmas and pick up a pair of hdj 500s (but this isnt preferred because ill be using these at school a lot

my school is cool like that. they actually recommend using your ipod to 'keep you awake and alert' but we cant use them in class
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Wizard

I got a set of ear buds for $18 & the sound good. I bought them at target

I've got these:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-202-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B000065BP9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292558750&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 202 Dynamic Headphones: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Ai3O2jEUL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Ai3O2jEUL[/ame]

And I love em. Rugged and whatnot and good sound quality

HOWEVER, the cord for them is kind of ridiculously long. When I first unboxed it I was, at first, pissed off about the fact that I was going to have to deal with it but in the end it's not that much of a hassle to deal with and in some situations it has been useful when i want to walk away from my ipod a short bit
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

yeah, i got some in ear ones before. i got the skull candy ink'd for $10 on amazon (regular price $20) and ive gone through 2 or 3 pairs of some JVC ones.

the skull candies just died on me this morning (one head phone died 2 days ago, the other this morning)

and the JVC ones (took me a year to figure out the problem) stop working if you give a firm tug on the wire and headphone in opposite directions. (yanking them from your ears slowly make them stop working). i think some connection on the inside is weak.

EDIT: i want ON ear ones for their smaller size. otherwise i could just use my Denon hp 1000s i use for mixing
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/AIAIAI-Pipe-Earphones-Grey-Black/dp/B003EBE1GG"]Amazon.com: AIAIAI: Pipe Earphones - Grey / Black: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31X7wJZ67rL.@@AMEPARAM@@31X7wJZ67rL[/ame]

I got my dad these. He loves them and actually they arnt bad at all
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

ill keep those in mind depending on how much $ i get. but like i said, for in ears i want to be around $20

Tech Guru

*edit: Nvm :eek:, link failed. Sorryz

Default www.monoprice.com

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...08&cp_id=10823

I would always say go with quality if possible. At monoprice, you will find both. 100% kick ass quality on 90% of their gear. There are certain items that do not measure up to that standard, but the reviews will fill you in on whether to buy or not. If you do buy and it is no good, you spend $4.00 on something you can use for work purposes. No real loss.

On the other hand....

I buy all my high end cables/speaker line/connectors/adapters and even what I would consider disposable gear(because the price is so freakin cheap), here.

You will be amazed, no...no...Blown Away, by the quality of the cables, interconnects, Mains, XLR, speaker line, security cameras, etc.

You will find items like these here. At one time they were carrying the generic iPhone replacement earbuds with mic and volume control for under $5.00. I matched the sound quality with those that came with my phone and they were exactly the same....for $5.00. Looks like they don't stock those anymore, but have alternatives.

Read the reviews for insight on the gear. For $20.00 you can get a couple of in-ear/over the ear, shipped in the US.

The reviews on these are good...

87.8% positive feedback on these

$5.34 Product ID: 6343
    Bass Enhanced In-Ear Earphones with 13.5mm Cobalt Magnet - Gray

86% positive feedback on these below: probably related to the fit
    $4.20

Product ID: 6344
    Sport Earclip Earphones with 10mm Cobalt Magnet - Black and Green

It seems the quality of all of these have improved over the last 2 years, so you might be in good shape for a few sets, based on the reviews.

By the way....if you ever need any cables, connectors, adapters...iphone/ipad screen protectors or anything else....I have also been impressed by the quality and build of the iphone screen protectors, adapters (usb to iphone dock connector for $1.23...really Apple...$30.00? No thanks, I bought 10 from monoprice and they even had the chip in the dock connector to allow for charging. There are cheap Chinese alternatives that do not have the chip, therefore you cannot charge your iphone with those other cables. Ok, moving on...

The prices are unreal and they are unbelievably fair in shipping too. I have not run across another shop that even comes close to price and quality. Just my experience and this is the reason (see reviews on anything there) I've shopped at monoprice.com for years.

**My Experience**

I did buy these: Rating 74% and yes, they are crap.
    Good for mowing the lawn so you don't ruin your good set.

Cost: $2.56...yes, $2.56

$2.56 Product ID: 5874
    Premium Sonic Isolation Earphones

They even have cheap cans and USB cans:

$24.65

And $15.95

***Side Note***

Replacement Pads for your cans cost more than a set of these cheap ones. I wonder if it would be possible to remove and replace worn pads and replace them with these, assuming they fit.

If anyone decides to get these cheap cans, would you post if it is possible to remove the pads and use them elsewhere? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by b3nz0n8; 12-17-2010 at 03:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

Ask this question at Head-Fi. Much more knowledge about iPod headphones/IEMs over there.

Also, you might wanna come up with more descriptive thread titles than "i know you're going to hate me." It not only makes you sound like you're 17, it also makes it harder to find this thread via the search function. Something like "need headphones for ipod listening, $50 max" would be better iyam.
    Last edited by dumdidum; 12-17-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    I've got these:
    Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 202 Dynamic Headphones: Electronics

And I love em. Rugged and whatnot and good sound quality

HOWEVER, the cord for them is kind of ridiculously long. When I first unboxed it I was, at first, pissed off about the fact that I was going to have to deal with it but in the end it's not that much of a hassle to deal with and in some situations it has been useful when i want to walk away from my ipod a short bit
    I vote for these as well, I love them. But yeah, that cord is at least 20 feet long, although I use the little loop/clip that came with it and get them to a manageable size

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast