what will be hot, music wise in 2011 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    ^^THIS!!!

when i heard "Say My Name" by him a few months ago i was super impressed. "Less Go" is one of my FAVORITE tracks right now (dare i say this, but i think the drop in it is one of my top 3 favorite of all time)

cant wait to see him next month!
    hadnt heard this. fuggin dope! thanks
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    hadnt heard this. fuggin dope! thanks
    he is ALREADY under AM Only, the man is going places. all of his productions and remixes so far are amazing.

Aside from those 2 mentioned before, look up "hello" as well as his "americano" remix, so good that i put two of them in my fall mix!
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah but it won't even do that... If dubstep was gonna cross over to the mainstream in a huge way it would have done so this year.

I'm sure the dubstep hedz are happy that it hadn't gone major mainstream.
    Katy B and a few others are not what I consider to be major mainstream success.

Fact is the majority of top 40 loving people hate dubstep and that prevents it from going massive in the charts.

People have an almost unheard of hated of dubstep. More than any genre I play.

The good thing is that the good dubstep seems to come to the fore cus it's not covered in shite like most of the absolute garbage that gets played.

There's some amazing music being made by some dubstep artists.
    There's also a lot if utter shite.
    ehh.. i don't know about europe, but mainstream dance music doesn't mean top 40 pop music here...

as far as i'm concerned dubstep is about as mainstream as dance music can get right now in north america in that all the joanie and chachi hipster dufuses want to hear rusko and skream at club events...

Tech Mentor

Waka Flocka Flame, Roscoe, J Cole, T-Pain, Wiz Khalifa, B.o.B...
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    ehh.. i don't know about europe, but mainstream dance music doesn't mean top 40 pop music here...

as far as i'm concerned dubstep is about as mainstream as dance music can get right now in north america in that all the joanie and chachi hipster dufuses want to hear rusko and skream at club events...
    Yeah, that's part of what pisses me off about dubstep right now.... go to a show and it's a hipster clusterfuck... I mean hey, it's popular, the artists make money, good for them, good for us DJ's... but still, why the hipsters? I swear... if they go after drum & bass and try to tell me I know nothing about it, I'll school them so that they will shit amen breaks for the next 2 years. [/RANT]
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Guru

Justin Beiber and Matty B are going to take over all genres.

Last edited by deviantdigi; 12-18-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPDOWNINSIDE View Post
    Uh dude whats with the gay bashing? If it weren't for the gays there would be no edm clubs or super star djs for that matter. Just sayin'!

Jeeeez! Educate yourself...
    excellent!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gianmarco View Post
    he is ALREADY under AM Only, the man is going places. all of his productions and remixes so far are amazing.

Aside from those 2 mentioned before, look up "hello" as well as his "americano" remix, so good that i put two of them in my fall mix!
    craziness, really digging that hello remix

thanks again for the share
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Mentor

dubstep will die and be replaced by drumstep.

meanwhile, hipsters will come up with something else to listen to.

top 40 will continue with the current shitty "oh hey let's pretend to be electro/dutch house" trend before trying to incorporate drumstep, and will inevitably fail at that too.

justin bieber will release a dubstep song. right after it turns platinum, 2012 will happen and the world will end.

hip hop will (I hope) turn more midtempo 80-88bpm tribal ish with lots of 808s (ke$ha-sleezy, black and yellow, nicki minaj-massive attack, teach me how to dougie, 6 foot 7 foot, etc).

Tech Mentor

sounds like a plan to me
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast