LAST RESORT dj tech tool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default LAST RESORT dj tech tool

I will probally get some flak for even suggesting this... but the motto is always come prepared.

You will most likely never have this happen to you, probally a 0.1% chance it may though. But if you ever have to control someone who after verbal attempts will not leave you alone or is doing something unacceptable in a crowded drunk setting... there is a way to have the advantage on many levels. Again you should first verbally try to work it out, second you should get the staff of the club to assist you.. but if none of this is possible and the heat of the moment presents itself (most likely drunkenly induced) you can employ an extremely easy joint manipulation submission. Best part is.. you can be ALOT smaller and weaker than even the biggest meathead. The wrist forearm only takes a minute amount of pressure to break. And before you break anything... you can control the person till help arrives... One advantage is that you can avoid a scuffle mad brawl by using this dj tech tool for self defence.
    I will just put one of a zillion videos you can find to get the idea and technique down.

They come in alot of shapes,sizes and materials
    here is a hard rubber version

and here you can see how just being able to grab the wrist and using this wonderful dj tech tool can work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDxEEDNYxyI

Ean feel free to add this to the list of stocking stuffers

Tech Wizard

I always carry at least three knives and practice my kill and no-kill stab zones for such a situation, but this might be better suited for everyday use. Thanks!

I'm hung like a donkey.

wow, or you could bash off some ryu fireballs with your midi fighter and or vci 100 which is a definite crowd pleaser, another alternative is playing eye of the tiger while the security guards wrestle him to the ground another crowd pleaser

Haha ... DJs don't need shit like this; you control the music -- way more powerful than some rubber stick. Just cut the sound off and tell the crowd you'll turn it back on after the fool has been thrown out.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Haha ... DJs don't need shit like this; you control the music -- way more powerful than some rubber stick. Just cut the sound off and tell the crowd you'll turn it back on after the fool has been thrown out.
    I had the most amazing flashback to the bass battle from Scott Pilgrim when you said that. Anybody?

Tech Convert

From personal martial art expierence i know that thes "tricks" do not work in Real life. You would have to have practiced a certain technique 100 of times before you can and will use it in combat. Cause when the tension rises, anything that isn't memorised will simply go away. When you feel threathened just call thebouncers. If he attacks you, run away. If runing away isn't possible, just punch him in the face and then run away. Just punching someone on his face, will make him stop. (Despite what action movies may say). The best alternitive is ofc learing a martial art.

Yeah...these are pretty useful.

I have something similar I leave in my car at all times. Road Rage here is hectic sometimes.....specially with the taxi busses etc.

I am 2m tall big guy....so usually don't get given any shit.....but you always get THAT punter.....best to just call security....but yeah....I hear ya....sometimes you need to do what you need to do.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Great idea, if you don't mind I would like to add to the list of great self defence options we have nowadays.

Let me introduce the Romatron Personal Protection Keychain. Kinda like what you suggested but it has that anal bead look to it. If thats the kind of thing your into.

No?. . .

How about the Tampon Taser? If a person puts his hands on your inapproiately, just bend over and. . . . ZAP! (Warning don't attempt this!)

Tech Wizard

that thing is seriously badass. where can i get one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast