Just inherited a buttload of Cash - What should I buy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

+1 on the DJM-2000 remark of Photojojo.

Trust me, the DJM-2000 will never become the clubstandard like the DJM-800 or the Xone:92.
    Just go for one of these instead and keep money for decent sound (maybe some nice active monitors) and (DJ)furniture.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Trust me, the DJM-2000 will never become the clubstandard like the DJM-800 or the Xone:92.
    Never ever ever ever... It will never become the standard... Not in a million years, certainly not in clubs that most DJTT members play at anyway. Maybe an option at huge clubs.

just not reality.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If I had loads of money to spend and wanted an analogue mixer it would be a Xone DB4 I think.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Sound, what kind of speakers will you get? Might as well get something that can handle parties now with stands, maybe a sub and all the cables you need. I think the 2000 will be a waste of money. You would need to spend some serious time on it to get comfortable with it, plus I seriously doubt many clubs will have that as a house mixer for at least a good while. If you really want an analogue mixer the DJM800 is what's standard so get that. Spend the money you saved by not getting the 2000 and start your own club night. That way you can kind of guarantee a spot to play.
    word

If I had loads of money to spend and wanted an analogue mixer it would be a Xone DB4 I think.
    Yeah, at least that one has the traditional way around the mixer.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

AHH YEAH!

Forgot about that one!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

it isn't an analogue mixer but yeah, i like the idea of a DB4 given a large budget.

I think he means traditional.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumdidum View Post
    it isn't an analogue mixer but yeah, i like the idea of a DB4 given a large budget.
    I guess I meant to say external mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just to be clear about what people are saying about the "club standard" because it seems to be a big concern for you. Most clubs will already have a DJM800 and some sort of CDJs sitting there. That does not mean you have to use that instead of your own gear (at my primary venue there's typically one "oh shit" deck and a mixer left of the original decks+TTs+mixer setup by the end of the night while the rest of the table turns into a laptop+controller fest). Having some basic understanding of the gear incase your digital setup goes bunk mid set and you need to reboot or something will help, but just being comfortable enough to mix intros and outros while you're resetting is really all you need. You don't need to entirely switch your DJing style because of what the club has there. Shelling out for CDJ2000s if you're planning to use an S4 seems like a waste to me, but then again I don't know how much a "small fortune" is, and if you've got the money for more toys then go ahead.

I would also chime in on the laptop situation but it seems you've already seen the light there.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast