Beatunes deleted half of my Itunes Library!
    Tech Wizard

Default Beatunes deleted half of my Itunes Library!

Guys I really need your help.

Today I wanted to restart analyzing songs in Beatunes, because it was getting slow and I just wanted to analyze a couple of my Itunes playlist (for DJ'ing etc) and not my whole library (something Beatunes automatically has done when I installed it). I told Beatunes to clear the library, not expecting it to really clear my entire Itunes library! I didn't know there was a one to one relation to the files in Beatunes and Itunes. After a couple of minutes I discovered my whole Itunes library was getting cleared and I lost a whole lot of songs... Please tell me there is way to restore these tracks, since I can't find them in my Trashcan.. (mac osx)

Help...

EDIT: I found out all the deleted songs are still in my Itunes Music Map, so I can drag them back in to Itunes (thank god). But this means I still will have to organize them all again in the right playlists etc...
    Last edited by schaap; 12-17-2010 at 09:06 AM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are you running time machine? If you are you can go back to before Beatunes and restore the iTunes music folder.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yes I am running Time Machine and considered this. But my latest backup is from last week. So going back to that backup means I will loose all my projects and things I did this week on my macbook (new downloads, thing for work etc) ? What I need is a way to restore the tracks back in to Itunes, in the right playlist, with the right ratings etc..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are the playlists missing in iTunes along with the songs or are they there, but the songs are missing?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

playlists are there, songs are missing..

Tech Wizard

Well I have looked at it again, the songs are also gone. Only the empty artist maps are there in my Itunes Library Map..

Took all the tracks from my latest Time Machine backup from last week. I think there is no other option then organizing them again in Itunes.. People watch out with Beatunes..
    Last edited by schaap; 12-17-2010 at 11:00 AM.