S4 mapping instant doubles
    Tech Convert

Default S4 mapping instant doubles

I just got my S4 and have been trying to learn the shortcut for "digital doubles". On the Serato / Rane 57 I have a toggle switch mapped to throw over a track to either deck quickly. Since the S4 doesnt seem to have this feature (via the controller) I mapped an possible solution thanks to this awesome site full of controllerists (thanks guys!!!). My problem is I cannot figure out how to map deck C & D with an additional modifier. Here is what I have so far.

Deck A -> B / D
    LEFT SHIFT + Gain "Button Push" on corresponding deck.

Deck B -> A / C
    RIGHT SHIFT + Gain "Button Push" on corresponding deck.

I made a modifier for the shift buttons to work but what I wanted to do was now add a modifier that said "if Deck D or Deck C selected send that track to corresponding decks". I tried to add but it didnt seem to work. It just ended up loading both decks.

what I was thinking was

Deck C -> B / D
    Deck C selected + LEFT SHIFT + Gain "Button Push" on corresponding deck.

Deck D -> A / C
    Deck D selected + LEFT SHIFT + Gain "Button Push" on corresponding deck.

Anyone got tips on how to make it work?

I did try this same thing using the CUE buttons over each track but ran into some problems I think with the modifiers. For some reason it would end up sending the wrong track over. Same concept (SHIFT then hit a DECK cue point to send) but im new to this mapping style in Traktor.

Thanks guys for the help!

Tech Guru

there's a feature which, when loading the same track which plays in deck A, into deck B, it will load it in complete sync to what's playing the first deck(position + pitch). It's not the same as the instant double, as you need to have the track highlighted in the browser, but it is the Traktor way ...

Would this work for you, or you still need the exact same feature as on SSL?

Tech Convert

Yes I have that feature enabled, and it works great!

A hot key to load it would be awesome. I saw a post where Ian says there is a shortcut on the keyboard for this but haven't found that either.

Loading from the library may be a quick way to do this, unless I move from that song. Just looking for a hot key to not have to drag and drop the track and stay on the controller. Does this make sense? Just been djing like this since before DVS and really like that feature for beat juggling.