who here uses mixmeister?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default who here uses mixmeister?

I looked down on this program for so long untill recently thinking about a new mix cd for clubs.

a way that I thought would be good is to play a mix improvising in traktor so just picking out songs as normal and throwing them together cued up and all time yourself for however long you roughly want the mix.

take this playlist then and bring it into mixmeister, drop songs in the same place for flawless editable mixing then export as a wave file...

add into traktor and play and add effects and filters as needed then export.

this is what I thought might be a good way for flawless mix cd's without lossing the traktor effects.

Does anyone else use this program or have another way of doing something similar??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

I've used it in the past, but went off it pretty quickly.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Guru

how come it seems like the ideal program to make mix cd's ino the whole fun of dj'ing is to do it live but a flawless mix is always good too when promoting yourself to club managers
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

It rubs off on your mixtapes, I do use it ONLY with one purpose, and that is to convert my files from WAV to MP3's after I am done with them.
    Mixmeister is really not they way to do it according to me.
    I mean beat syncing in all glory, but to be a DJ you really need to know how to beat sync without this, and if youre not a guy who uses mixmeister at the clubs, I'd say don't use it for the mixtapes either, I'd suggest use traktor with trial and error( or of course the software that you do use) to record for a more genuin feeling.

Good luck!

-Rob

Why do you need a flawless mix? Just use Traktor's cruise feature if you're that bothered. Personally I think it's mis-selling if a promoter bases their decision on that mix, unless you tell them that's what you did...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Why do you need a flawless mix? Just use Traktor's cruise feature if you're that bothered. Personally I think it's mis-selling if a promoter bases their decision on that mix, unless you tell them that's what you did...
    ^^
    this

anyway, you get better results from ableton.

Tech Mentor

Making your mixtape better than you can do live is actually pretty dumb (unless you have an overload of self confidence). The one thing that counts in the end is the result when you do your thing live, and if you know that the expectations you created are higher than what you can deliver, you're not exactly gonna have a good time dj'ing. Resulting in an even worse performance.

Just do it in whichever program you plan on using live, and if it's not good enough, well you better get practising till you get there!

I use mixmeister to make cd's that I use as giveways. I just use it for simple A/B mixing for people to hear my cds at home or in their cars. If people are going to get all butt hurt about cheating by using mixmeister...well get over it, cuz if you use traktor, im sure your using the "sync" button at home cuz no one is looking. Shiftee put out a article on how he makes his mixtapes and he records all the tracks individually and then imports them to ableton...is that cheating too?

Dont mean to get all negative but as I always say...Rock what you got!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    I use mixmeister to make cd's that I use as giveways. I just use it for simple A/B mixing for people to hear my cds at home or in their cars. If people are going to get all butt hurt about cheating by using mixmeister...well get over it, cuz if you use traktor, im sure your using the "sync" button at home cuz no one is looking. Shiftee put out a article on how he makes his mixtapes and he records all the tracks individually and then imports them to ableton...is that cheating too?

Dont mean to get all negative but as I always say...Rock what you got!
    Yeah me too. Ive got better things to do than sit around making mixes for other people hahaha

Stick em in Mixmiester and go have a cup of tea.

I actually use it to make background mixes for a club i work at.
    Sometimes they have events were they need background music of mixed genres. MM is great for such things.

Would i make a DJ mix on MM... Too right i would. Im passed needing to prove anything to anybody. You can make some decent studio quality mixes on MM.

You dont really think all those DJ mixes on the front of magazines are made Live..? Well actually Mr Scruff does em live but that cus hes a genius.

Ive done plenty of live mixes, sometimes i just wanna spend more time tweaking and getting them ultra shinny...

As long as you arent massively over stating your actual ability then go for it.

^Amen
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast