vci 300 Itch-style mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Thumbs up vci 300 Itch-style mapping

Hey guys, because I couldn't find a vci 300 mapping without several shift-modifiers to control effects and other stuff, I decided to make my own. This is a very basic mapping, what I mapped is:

- jogwheels (Itch-style, all props go to Zac for his implementation of "scratch") + I added pitchbend (sensitivity now at 10%), "scratch" button toggles scratch/pitchbend

- Transport controls (Play + Cue)
    - Hotcues (6 for each deck + delete with the "shift" button) (Green when hotcue is empty, red/orange/blue, when a hotcue is present)
    - Keylock + Sync
    - Pitchsliders + pitch-shift
    - Auto Loop + half/double
    - EQ's + Gain
    - Volumefaders
    - Monitor select (Cue mix)
    - Full browser view toggle (with "browse" button)
    - List/Tree toggle (with "files" button)
    - Up/Down to scrol through list/tree
    - Expand/Collapse tree (with "TAB" button)
    - PFL A/B (with "PFL A" and "PFL B" buttons)
    - "Scroll" + "PFL A" = Load in deck A (same goes up for deck B)

This is all with LED-feedback as you would expect from Itch (except for the volumefaders, they cause distortion, but I think Str8upDrew was working on an app that could make them work)

What I didn't map is: crossfader (I don't use it, but is easily mappable if you want), the "back", "fwd" and the 2 "censor" buttons are still empty too. Need to find a function that suits them....

I think this mapping is ideal to use in combination with an extra controller like an X1 to control effects, hopefully I'll have one soon (please Santa ) and ofcourse for people who don't want to many distracting shift-layers on their controller.

EDIT: the app made by Str8upDrew works perfectly from what I experienced, so I present you now the first Traktor Pro mapping for Vci 300 with working led volumefaders!!! They indicate Master Left/Right.
    Here's a link to the page of his thread where the latest version can be found: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=17497&page=7
    YOU NEED Str8upDrew's APP TO GET MY SECOND TSI (VCI300withvolumeleds.tsi) TO WORK! And the second tsi is PC only

I will also keep the other tsi for the people that don't want to use more programmes than just Traktor.

If you have a vci 300, please try it and leave feedback, thx
    Last edited by tomato; 12-20-2010 at 03:39 PM.
    VCI 300 - DELL XPS M1330 windows 7 - Traktor Pro - Itch

Tech Guru

Sounds like a nice, clean map dude. I'm working on a new map for my gear that does away with most of the shift stuff too. Anyway, good job, and I'm glad your gettin' some use out of those scratch commands. I didn't know if anyone was actually using them!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Wizard

Your scratch commands are really good man, the others I found were all buggy. Yours are very precise (when you move the jogwheel 1mm you hear the scratch).

I'm very glad I finally made it myself, no other mapping suited me, they were all way to complicated, prone to make mistakes. And in the meantime I learned how to map, mapping the LEDs was a pain in the *** though.
    I think I'm going to ask Str8upDrew for his app, so I can map the volume-LEDs too.

Tech Guru

Sweet man. Good job......I had a VCI-300 and love it. I enjoyed Itch with it more than Traktor. I'm still interested in seeing what Itch 2.0 will have and how the 300 will work with it. I think for Traktor your 100% correct with an X1...it'll work great!!

For your empty buttons you could map maybe an EQ kill or some kind of instant effect button. I used have delay freeze as an instant effect.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

New version added to the startpost with LEDs indicating the volume like in Itch!
    Thanks to Str8upDrew the sound doesn't crackle/distort anymore

Tech Wizard

Default What!!!!

Are you kidding me, LEDS working? Holy crap, all my Christmases just came all at once. Going to test this out now!! Thank you

Tech Student

this is the best mapping, i tryed a lots, and this is the best, miss fx ,maybe censor (select fx) cues hold mode (select ich fx 3 cues 3 fx) and the trim with censor mode is dry/wet.
    should be perfect for me but i dont know how to do, thanx all ways

Tech Wizard

Oh bummer, I have a macbook and the with LEDS tsi does nothing - but I understand it's meant to be paired with the application so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise.

Your TSI tomator, works and the platters are working really nice - when they work. Having some issues with not playing and basic stuff like that, but again I know it's designed for a PC running the other software app.

BTW is it possible to combine tsi's? If you have a tsi that only has platter control and you import it over a tsi you've loaded that has everything else working, does that work? Or is a tsi absolute?

Tech Wizard

The second tsi I uploaded (VCI300withvolumeleds.tsi) will only work properly with the app Str8upDrew made and there's no MAC-version of it because MAC's shouldn't have issues with LEDs. Apparently they do have problems with the LEDs of the Vci 300, so I guess for once you're better off with a PC... In the next version of Traktor (S4 or whatever its name may be) LED's will be handled in a different way, so maybe in the near future we don't need the app anymore so MAC's and PC's can enjoy the whole LED glory of the Vci 300.

I think before the 1.2 update it was possible to merge tsi's, but after the update tsi's were encrypted so merging wasn't possible anymore. (I thought I read this somewhere, I can be mistaken)

However if you just want to add the platter-control I have to your tsi it isn't very hard, for the scratching there are 2 messages for each platter ("Scratch" and "Scratch On") with a modifier for each set to "1" and then for the pitchbending I have 1 message "Tempo Bend (stepless)" with modifier set to "0". Then you have the scratch-button above the platter with a toggle-modifier.
    Oh to make it easier for you, I used Zac Kyoti's test-tsi for the jogs (can be found in post #14 => http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=13420&page=2)

Is it with my other tsi (VCI300tomatostyleV1.0.tsi) that your platters don't work properly? Because that tsi doesn't need the app. I made it when I didn't have it, so it doesn't require it at all.
    Last edited by tomato; 12-20-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Tech Wizard

I really have no clue, I've not found a tsi that worked with my Mac and that solved the LED issue, to be honest I thought that the LED lights thing was a a limitation on the software, not the OS underlying the software.

That also fits with what you go on to say about the next version of Traktor potentially fixing the problems with LEDS generally.

Maybe I should have a go with mapping my own TSI from within my MAC.

Did you use the Traktor bible? I've spent a little bit of time trying to figure out how modifiers work but to be honest I don't think that my head is in the right place to totally get it. Is there a good forum thread where some other troglodite like me gets some basic explanation about modifiers and whatever else one needs to attempt a TSI from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by tomato View Post
    The second tsi I uploaded (VCI300withvolumeleds.tsi) will only work properly with the app Str8upDrew made and there's no MAC-version of it because MAC's shouldn't have issues with LEDs. Apparently they do have problems with the LEDs of the Vci 300, so I guess for once you're better off with a PC... In the next version of Traktor (S4 or whatever its name may be) LED's will be handled in a different way, so maybe in the near future we don't need the app anymore so MAC's and PC's can enjoy the whole LED glory of the Vci 300.

I think before the 1.2 update it was possible to merge tsi's, but after the update tsi's were encrypted so merging wasn't possible anymore. (I thought I read this somewhere, I can be mistaken)

Your TSI worked fine, except after a couple minutes the left deck would not play at all, not with the VCI play button nor with by using a mouse to play.

But while it worked it seemed awesome! Thanks for your patience and input.

However if you just want to add the platter-control I have to your tsi it isn't very hard, for the scratching there are 2 messages for each platter ("Scratch" and "Scratch On") with a modifier for each set to "1" and then for the pitchbending I have 1 message "Tempo Bend (stepless)" with modifier set to "0". Then you have the scratch-button above the platter with a toggle-modifier.
    Oh to make it easier for you, I used Zac Kyoti's test-tsi for the jogs (can be found in post #14 => http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...t=13420&page=2)

Is it with my other tsi (VCI300tomatostyleV1.0.tsi) that your platters don't work properly? Because that tsi doesn't need the app. I made it when I didn't have it, so it doesn't require it at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast