Registering Traktor with Used Serial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Registering Traktor with Used Serial

I recently bought a used traktor serial that has be deactivated so it should be good to go. The issue is that it was an upgrade serial number. But, the guy I bought it from deactivated all of the things necessary to upgrade. What I'm struggling with is registering the older serial numbers so it shows up as upgradable. I tried activating through the NI website but it says I need to go through service center. Service center wont let me activate though because I don't have the older programs installed (and can't get the demo online anymore - i think).

Simple version: I have serials for traktor 3 le, the upgrade to traktor 3 studio, and the upgrade to traktor pro. How do I get this to work so that I have traktor pro?

this is a tough one. Thats why I kept all my serials, even tho I only use TSP. I still have Traktor 3 & Traktor Scratch, Traktor Pro & Traktor Scratch Pro serials.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    this is a tough one. Thats why I kept all my serials, even tho I only use TSP. I still have Traktor 3 & Traktor Scratch, Traktor Pro & Traktor Scratch Pro serials.
    Technically I still have all my serials, they just arent activated. I have Traktor 3 LE, Traktor 3 Studio, and Traktor Pro so theres no reason why it wouldn't work. The weird thing is that when I tried to "activate an old product" online, it told me to use service center

Tech Mentor

So you just need the old software? **** MOD EDIT *****
    Last edited by JesC; 12-17-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Please no talk about pirtated software.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Please no talk about pirtated software.
    Torrents don't equal pirated software, in se it's perfectly legal. Demoes also get torrented, which was what I was referring to, as was I with the old software sites.
    I don't even think downloading a full version would be illegal, because you are perfectly in order with the copyright laws when you have your own legit serial.

If he has the serials for the software all he has to do is goto the NI download the software, install it on his machine, register it, in order, IE Traktor 3 LE to Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro, once he is done he can delete the old programs. All the software he needs is on the www.native-instruments.com

Please lets not turn this into a legal vs illegal torrent debate cuz they go nowhere.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

OP, this can only be resolved by NI Support as yo do need the qualifying product to be installed and activated to upgrade to a newer version and as T3 is discontinued you won't get a legit version.

Please ignore the post about torrents etc.

Tech Mentor

OP stated he couldn't download the older files online anymore (which I presumed to be NI Service Center), so I was just looking for another solution. Sorry for trying to help.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I fully understand the OPs post, I can read... I know what is and isn't available to download.

If he speaks to Support they will sort it out for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast