Vestax Spin Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Vestax Spin Help!

i just bought a Vestax Spin and installed the DJay software and im having problems with tryna work out how to scratch? the LED lights under the jog wheels are red...shudnt they be blue?

Quote Originally Posted by MadStax View Post
    i just bought a Vestax Spin and installed the DJay software and im having problems with tryna work out how to scratch? the LED lights under the jog wheels are red...shudnt they be blue?
    No clue, I have never used it. Just curious, how do you like it? It's what I was going to pick up originally to just mess around on. And would you recommend it to a friend?

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

The Spin has touch sensitive jog wheels, if you touch the metal plate on the top it engages scratch. Think of it as touching the top of a record while it's playing. As for scratching properly in a way that doesn't sound like crap? I haven't a clue.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Wizard

Its an awsum machine, very responsive and easy to use!
    i realise its touch sensitive, however when i try scratch it just skips through the song, it dosnt scratch at all....

Tech Wizard

its like i need to enable something for it too scratch??..

Oh yeah... there's a scratch mode button for each deck... should be right next to the headphone button.
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Tech Wizard

yea got that on bro but still wont scratch...

No idea then... I've used a spin for about 10 minutes total and never used the DJay software, literally going off what I know from my VCI 100 and Traktor. Have you read the manual?

Tech Wizard

yea bro it mentions nothing ay...fuk i hope its not broken, coz im sure the jog wheels are supposed to light up blue, then red when being touched..
    but they stay red..

Pretty sure they're supposed to turn red when touched and blue when released... unless they wired the LED's wrong or something? If they're just constantly red then I'd guess there's a problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast