itunes question

Thread: itunes question

Default itunes question

couldn't find anything about this, so i thought i'd ask here:

is there a way to keep itunes from "copying" a song. what i mean is when i add a song to itunes it "creates" another song in the itunes folder.

so is there a way to get itunes to stop this? i just want songs in itunes to be associated with songs I've already got and not the itunes generated copies.

thanks guys!
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

Yes, it's in your preferences.

There's a box that says something like 'have itunes make a copy of this file' or something like that (i don't have itunes on my work computer).

uncheck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    Yes, it's in your preferences.

There's a box that says something like 'have itunes make a copy of this file' or something like that (i don't have itunes on my work computer).

uncheck it.

lol, just lately i've been wanting itunes to stop doing this, hardrive space is gettin' low... thanks chilly.

I also make my default directory to my music. itunes makes it
    my music > itunes > itunesmusic(something like that) > [Band] > [Album].

Really annoying when you are looking for a song that isn't already in traktor.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

thanks!!!
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh