Issue with recording?
    Tech Mentor

Default Issue with recording?

Sup guys,

Recorded a set today, and after the first hour, it cut the recording and started recording the second hour as a different recording.

Okay, that's not a big deal. Is there a way I can set it to record one big file? I guess this can actually be a good thing to have when recording live, as you never know when something whack might happen and you loose your entire 4+ hour recording :eek:

What bothers me is that the first half of the recording is QUIET. The second half is the exact same volume I recorded it at. Obviously I would have known something was up to begin with if the recording meters were low, but they were full and strong the entire 2 hours. The levels on the meter were consistent throughout. So why the heck is the first half so quiet?

Any ideas?

-PL>Y

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRESSPL>Y View Post
    Sup guys,

Recorded a set today, and after the first hour, it cut the recording and started recording the second hour as a different recording.

Okay, that's not a big deal. Is there a way I can set it to record one big file? I guess this can actually be a good thing to have when recording live, as you never know when something whack might happen and you loose your entire 4+ hour recording :eek:

What bothers me is that the first half of the recording is QUIET. The second half is the exact same volume I recorded it at. Obviously I would have known something was up to begin with if the recording meters were low, but they were full and strong the entire 2 hours. The levels on the meter were consistent throughout. So why the heck is the first half so quiet?

Any ideas?

-PL>Y
    check the recording prefs in traktor, you should be able to set the file size to around 2gb

Tech Mentor

What about the issue of one half of the cut being much much quieter?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That seems very odd. What do the wave forms look like compared to each other? Are you sure your listening volume is correct? If it's not way way off you may be able to bump the volume up in Audacity or some similar program.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x