Traktor Pro Hotcue deleting on the fly. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe I did something wrong, but mine still plays the hot cue as it deletes it... Maybe you could help me ?
    I feel dumb and sleepy.
    Say I'm deleting hot cue 2
    Modifier:1 is set to "Button/Hold" Value 1
    now for hot cue 2 i have
    Delete Hot Cue
    Mod Con -M1 at Value 1
    Type/Mode -Button/Direct
    Value - Hot Cue 2

Its in the same .tsi file as you mentioned, and does delete the cue i want, but it does also play it. How do i make it delete with out playing?

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    Got it.

The problem was that I was using the launchpad .tsi files from the launchpad thread on here as a base.

Those are unfortunately split into 4 seperate .tsi files, and I was trying to set the modifier in the control/browse .tsi

as soon as I set the modifier in the .tsi for each individual 1/4 (one deck) on the launchpad, everything worked perfectly.

as I thought, it was me doing something silly. Ah well, there's a learning curve with every new piece of software Thank you all for your help

Disappointing on the 8 hotcues thing, but as I said, that's just an aside that'd be nice to have.

ciao.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matte Black View Post
    How do i make it delete with out playing?
    If you're using modifier #1 in hold mode just assign M1=0 for your set cue commands. They shouldn't play while deleting because cue condition is M1=0 but you have changed modifier condition to M1=1 by holding shift.

Fantastic!!! Worked! Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    If you're using modifier #1 in hold mode just assign M1=0 for your set cue commands. They shouldn't play while deleting because cue condition is M1=0 but you have changed modifier condition to M1=1 by holding shift.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Welcome dude! Oh and cool username btw

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi there - sorry to revitalise an old thread, but I am having a similar issue and I am not 100% clear on your help for the OP.

I am using Traktor S2 Mk1 and am trying to map HotCues 5-8 to the original hotcue 1-4 using the 'Tempo Reset' button as a modifier (I don't use it much). I would like to be able to add/delete/cue hotcues 5-8 using a modifier (or two if required, eg adding 'shift' could do it?)

There is not much info out the on the internet - perhaps it cannot be done (?)

So far, I have the following set up:

Modifier #1, "Left Tempo Reset", Mapping: Button, Hold, Value = 1
    Select/Set+Store Hotcue = "Left Hotcue 1", Modifier M1, 1, Controller: Button, Hold, Deck A, Override, to value Hotcue 5.
    Delete Hotcue = "Left Hotcue 1", Modifier M1, 1, Controller: Button, Hold, Deck A, Override, to value Hotcue 5.

However, I am finding that whenever I add a Hotcue '5', it also adds a 'Hotcue 1' at the same time.

Also - I do not know how to cue the track to this Hotcue 5 (perhaps I have missed something - that I need to add this as well?).

Like the previous poster - it also plays from hotcue 5 when I add it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - the S2 is a great controller and I don't see why this cannot be accomplished 'somehow'.

Thanking you in advance!

Edit: I have tried making Select/Set+Store Hotcue = "Left Hotcue 1", Modifier M1, '0' but that doesn't improve the situation. Now Left Hotcue button 1 simply toggles hotcue 5 on/off without the modifier
    Last edited by acac; 07-24-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12