Cover Art wtf?

Thread: Cover Art wtf?

Default Cover Art wtf?

So, in the iTunes section of the traktor browser, it appears to get the playlists just fine. That's a relief, because Traktor's browser still sucks.

The Cover Art shows up in iTunes
    The same Cover Art shows up in Traktor's Track Collection

But it doesn't show up in the iTunes section of Traktor's Browser.

WTF?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That's by design. Loads of people complained about the cover art slowing everything down in the iTunes node in traktor.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Oh. Well…that's dumb. Half the reason I started looking at Traktor over Live was because it got hard to recognize tracks without cover art.

I guess I can't use iTunes to manage stuff now…unless–of course–there's a way to easily convert iTunes playlists to Traktor playlists…i'll google it, but…is there?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Just use the "Import To Playlists" function on your iTunes playlists and they will appear in the Traktor Browser with Artwork.

The iTunes node was seen to slow large collections down to much.
    Also working in the Traktor Collection is quicker and much better way to work.

Should be an option tough, i agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I guess I can't use iTunes to manage stuff now…unless–of course–there's a way to easily convert iTunes playlists to Traktor playlists…i'll google it, but…is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Just use the "Import To Playlists" function on
    This, just navigate to the playlists in the iTunes node, right click on it and select import to playlist. Now that playlist shows up in your Traktor Playlists. If you change the playlist in Itunes you'll need to delete the one in traktor and import the new one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    This, just navigate to the playlists in the iTunes node, right click on it and select import to playlist. Now that playlist shows up in your Traktor Playlists. If you change the playlist in Itunes you'll need to delete the one in traktor and import the new one.
    Yeah true.

One thing i have asked for a million times is the old Traktor 2 function "Import From iTunes" which brought up a small window with all your iTunes Playlists and you could select multiple playlists.

I used to keep my Traktor browser tree really empty and load up the relevant playlisyts from iTunes for say, my Monday Top4o gig. Then id delete them from Traktor on thursday and import the Thursday Indie playlists.

Usually about 10 playlist each gig. But now i have to have muliple folders in Traktor and do a lot of copying and deleting.

No idea why they removed this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    One thing i have asked for a million times is the old Traktor 2 function "Import From iTunes" which brought up a small window with all your iTunes Playlists and you could select multiple playlists.
    I would love to have that functionality.
    Chris Jennings FHP